Tripping (Not that kind)

Dannyrulx

We'll, I'd really like to see a tripping feature in the game. Basically: sprinting increases your chance of tripping, along with certain terrain (woods, stairs etc) the entire thing could be a 3 second animation, with you falling then getting up.

Or not, cos if I was facing a horde and tripped...

I think that there is a ,,rule" called Player Freedom. You cant control this tripping so thats the problem. I d like this idea but its not good for Zomboid

Yeah, it would be to inconveniencing, walking/running around the mall. "Trips falls off of the balcony."

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned a breathing system, don't get any ideas! :P 

I think that there is a ,,rule" called Player Freedom. You cant control this tripping so thats the problem. I d like this idea but its not good for Zomboid

Yeah, it would be to inconveniencing, walking/running around the mall. "Trips falls off of the balcony."

Oh, that would be hilarious :D

*10 minutes later* Someone posts topic in suggestions. "Breathing system." -facepalm-

Using the forum search feature, I found 22 existing threads either specifically related to tripping and falling, or covering the possibility of the mechanic alongside something else.

The sneaky little magnifying glass in the top right is the search function, use it to help avoid suggestions being repeated over and over, please  :???:

With that out of the way, from a programmer/developer's perspective myself, I think i covered most of my reasoning behind why it would be a bad idea to implement it in PZ in this thread: Stumbling - formerly Tripping and Falling.

The basis of it is that without it being a core gameplay mechanic, you should never take away Player Control Responsiveness, more so in a perma-death survival game.

As Migoxiss has alluded to, you can't introduce mechanics which could kill the player without any foresight, action, or inaction by the player themselves causing that death.

Otherwise you might as well introduce something like a 5% chance of doorknobs exploding inescapably when a door is opened.

Oh, and only if you're being chased by zombies at the time.

And the exploding doors look just like every other door.

And it deals 110% of your health as damage (Yes, you are now dead)

Using the forum search feature, I found 22 existing threads either specifically related to tripping and falling, or covering the possibility of the mechanic alongside something else.

The sneaky little magnifying glass in the top right is the search function, use it to help avoid suggestions being repeated over and over, please  :???:

With that out of the way, from a programmer/developer's perspective myself, I think i covered most of my reasoning behind why it would be a bad idea to implement it in PZ in this thread: Stumbling - formerly Tripping and Falling.

The basis of it is that without it being a core gameplay mechanic, you should never take away Player Control Responsiveness, more so in a perma-death survival game.

As Migoxiss has alluded to, you can't introduce mechanics which could kill the player without any foresight, action, or inaction by the player themselves causing that death.

Otherwise you might as well introduce something like a 5% chance of doorknobs exploding inescapably when a door is opened.

Oh, and only if you're being chased by zombies at the time.

And the exploding doors look just like every other door.

And it deals 110% of your health as damage (Yes, you are now dead)

You mean 9001% health  (fedora)