Weapon sprites

Dannyrulx

WARNING: I have a bit of a rant

So, I spawned in, played about and got a rolling pin. Now you've just released world filler, but can't even get the time to give us some better fucking sprites for our weapons? WHY DOES THE CROWBAR, ROLLING PIN, POOL CUE AND BASEBALL BAT ALL LOOK THE SAME? WHY DOES EVERY VARIETY OF KNIFE LOOK THE SAME? I have a hunting knife at home, and it looks COMPLETLEY FUCKING DIFFERENT to my butter knifes and kitchen knives.

Sorry for the rant and swearing.

Guys are doing a good job, keep it up, loving the world filler!

WARNING: I have a bit of a rant

So, I spawned in, played about and got a rolling pin. Now you've just released world filler, but can't even get the time to give us some better fucking sprites for our weapons? WHY DOES THE CROWBAR, ROLLING PIN, POOL CUE AND BASEBALL BAT ALL LOOK THE SAME? WHY DOES EVERY VARIETY OF KNIFE LOOK THE SAME? I have a hunting knife at home, and it looks COMPLETLEY FUCKING DIFFERENT to my butter knifes and kitchen knives.

Sorry for the rant and swearing.

Guys are doing a good job, keep it up, loving the world filler!

Well, with the world filler they just have to draw some new things on the shelves and add like 60 new lines of code (thats what im guessing, im not sure if thats true / correct).

With new weapons however, they would need to create a completely new 3d model, then uv unwrap it, then uv map / texture it, THEN animate it (for both genders I suppose, to align the weapon correctly?), then they have to run their file to turn the model and its animations into 2d isometric sprites, then make it somehow work in the game itself for people that are using 3d models / actors settings, then make new icons for the weapons (thats the only process that they could do yet) then add their code (another thing they already have) and then they probably need to do 1-2 other things too.

Also, always remember one of the golden forum rules; Be lovely!  :)

To be quite honest right now, I'm really anticipating more clothes and viewable backpacks

(because it would be 10 times more badass to see a dude in a jacket / down jacket with a backpack on his back aiming at me, than seeing a dude in a sweater and pants with a shotgun aiming at me, and it would add even more variation and credibility to the situation)

much more than I am anticipating a crowbar showing up as crowbar instead of baseball bat, for example.

Seriously... I cant wait for the new clothes and viewable backpacks...

Seriously