I can start a server but cant restart it....

xsiv

Question

11 answers to this question

Go to %username%\zomboid, find your save file, and delete map_t.bin and map_meta.bin. Hopefully that'll help.

that worked is there a way I can get it to start without having to delete those 2 files every time?

It should just work from this point, honestly. If not, there's a problem with the way the server is either being shut down or is shutting down.

In other words, I'm not really sure why this happens to a handful of people or what to do about it. :) We'll have to look into it.

thank you both for the quick replies. I will have to try both ways of shutting down. I just have to log out of normal player and back into admin then shutdown. I'll report what I find.

well i just tried to use the quit command and the same thing happens with the same error as above. I can just delete the files form above that seems to work for me. Thanks again for the efforts!

for some reason its not writing to the map_meta.bin file, its always at 0kb when it should be around 83kb i think.

im just gunna add a few lines to my projectzomboidserver.bat that deletes map_meta.bin everytime it starts.

nah, i think it just dosnt like me recently lol. or its to do with bedford falls, do you run bedford?

heres my bat to deal with this till i have 2 hands to type again and figure out my issue.

set olddir=%CD%CD "C:\Users\JonSyn\Zomboid\Multiplayer\servertest"del "map_meta.bin" CD "%olddir%"".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Xms12048m -Xmx12048m -Djava.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlitejdbc-v056.jar;trove-3.0.3.jar;./ zombie.network.GameServerPAUSE

im sure whatever it is is simple to fix. i also get a stack trace error for ItemPicker.lua so .....

yeah i been trying to sit and look into it but i can only type with 1 finger on my left hand so its a pain , on a side not i can point n click like no ones business lol. but i do think its a issue with bedford as i had it befor i started running my mod and bedford is the only thing changed.

Archived