Overheating too much.

parishkl

I think the overheating mechanic needs to be turned down quite a bit. I live in Alabama (near Kentucky) and while it does get very, very hot in the summer here, I rarely feel the need to strip down to my underwear to endure it.

However, in PZ, I end up running around killing zombies with a butter knife in my underwear all the time because I'm apparently "overexposed beneath a burning sun" in my house, in the dark, at night. :P

Agreed, my character should not be suffering borderline heat stroke because he ran to the next house over on the block with a sweater on.

No, if you're running in the south with crazy humidity in a sweater you may well get heat stroke, especially in July which iirc is the starting month. I actually got heat stroke once at a camp down here and I was pretty well hydrated and in shorts and a tee shirt- the heat is serious business. If you don't think running around with a sweater on mid-summer deserves heat stroke then why even have a heat mechanic in the game? That's one step short of being in an oven.

That being said, I do think it could be tweaked down just a tad.

I didn't say running around.  I wasn't being disingenouous - I meant I literally ran to the next house on the block and the heat moodle maxed out.  I don't think running around in summer won't make you hot, and I certainly wasn't calling for the heat mechanic to be removed.

I'll admit I didn't consider it being mid-July in the south, but it still seems like something isn't working quite right.

*Shrug* I generally always wear a light jacket even during the hottest weather without troubles -- but my activities are generally limited to walking the dog, so I'd wager your heat tolerance (to a point) is more of a personal thing.

For the moment, the overheated series of moodles are relatively pointless -- I wouldn't take them too seriously until they have some sort of effect on the character.

You often got the first moodle level of hot at start, becaus eyou start un July, so it's pretty hot, but just being "hot" doesn't mean it's too bad, you just feel a bit hot, that's all... Just put a t-shirt instead of a vest and it should be good, the first level of hot is not a threat at all !

You often got the first moodle level of hot at start, becaus eyou start un July, so it's pretty hot, but just being "hot" doesn't mean it's too bad, you just feel a bit hot, that's all... Just put a t-shirt instead of a vest and it should be good, the first level of hot is not a threat at all !

And doesn't "being hot" make you need to drink more often in PZ?  That makes sense in RL too.  You need to drink more when you sweat more in order to remain hydrated.  Frankly I think a lot of the moodles should have more severe consequences.  The state of dehydration combined with extreme heat can kill people. I am not saying PZ should do that but there should be heat related "injury" for severe heat and dehydration.  

*Shrug* I generally always wear a light jacket even during the hottest weather without troubles -- but my activities are generally limited to walking the dog, so I'd wager your heat tolerance (to a point) is more of a personal thing.

For the moment, the overheated series of moodles are relatively pointless -- I wouldn't take them too seriously until they have some sort of effect on the character.

You're pretty far north from ky, too, though X=

You're pretty far north from ky, too, though X=

Doesn't mean we don't get hot 40 days out of our summer. :cool:

Might be nice to implement a perk based on personal temp ranges. Like a "I run a lil hot" for players are warmer in the winter and hotter in the summer, or a "Im cool" for players who want to run cooler in the summer but freeze a lil in the winter. Just an idea.

And doesn't "being hot" make you need to drink more often in PZ? That makes sense in RL too. You need to drink more when you sweat more in order to remain hydrated. Frankly I think a lot of the moodles should have more severe consequences. The state of dehydration combined with extreme heat can kill people. I am not saying PZ should do that but there should be heat related "injury" for severe heat and dehydration.

Yup it make you thirst a bit faster, but at the first level it's not that much !