How can I find how many zeds are still in the map

I am doing a vanila playthrough with all standard settings and respawn off. The goal is to kill all Zeds in the map.

I've already killed 100,000 zeds and keep finding more in the woods.

I would like a way to know how many there are still on the map.

I can create a mod, just need the directions on where to find the info for that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 12:45 AM, Helio said:

I am doing a vanila playthrough with all standard settings and respawn off. The goal is to kill all Zeds in the map.

I've already killed 100,000 zeds and keep finding more in the woods.

I would like a way to know how many there are still on the map.

I can create a mod, just need the directions on where to find the info for that.

https://i.redd.it/h1cudovv6oq81.jpg

I don´t know how exact is this, or what settings are used. 

If you need to know how many zeds are in all the map, launch the game in debug mode.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 12:51 AM, ZombieHunter said:

No legitimate way of doing it

You got to use debug mode. 

or

Just keep shooting gun in area until they come to you. 

If their goal is to preserve their save file from becoming 'contaminated' with debug mode, they could make a copy of their current save file, fork it (somehow) and then use debug mode on the forked copy. That way, preserving the original save file's debug-free status.

I know it's probably a technicality, but if they're trying to verify they've killed all zombies for a challenge and don't want to be accused of cheating via debug mode, that might be one way to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 6:51 AM, ZombieHunter said:

No legitimate way of doing it spacebar clicker 

You got to use debug mode. 

or

Just keep shooting gun in area until they come to you. 

They may fork their current save file (somehow), create a copy of their current save file, and then use debug mode on the forked copy to avoid having debug mode "contaminate" their save file.

Unless you activate every single chunk in the game by being present near each one, this is unknowable.

Can't count what doesn't exist.

You'd have initialize the entire map: teleport through all the points of a grid made up of 20x20 tiles, wait until all chunks fully initialize around you and only then jump again, throughout the entire ingame world. It'll take a very long time, generate hundreds of thousands of files, and use a few gb of disc space. It's doable, but it's not practical. (I've done this before to generate the entire map for servers so that we didn't have to force users to download the map packs. it's worth it in this scenario if you have a couple gigabytes of maps.)

otherwise you're left with just guessing based on the existing pop in each cell in debug, as suggested above. But it's likely to be wildly  inaccurate.