Silencer

BiGreenBanana

Doesn't work like that. PZ aims to be as realistic as possible and silencers in real life do not work the way they do in the movies or television. In fact, it's pretty much impossible to jury rig together some kind of homemade silencer.

Oh maaaaan. Have there been some discussions on this matter, Rathlord might pop by and give you the synopsis of his when this idea crops up. If you want to read some more about the general idea of suppressions (since there have been a few in depth topics on this) you can find them here:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5701-improvised-supressors/

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6419-my-thoughts-on-how-to-improve-the-game/

^List from last time I talked about it.

I don't think suppressors have flat out been denied as something that would be implemented in the game, but it is something people feel pretty negatively. about. Really depends what camp you are in when it comes to how gameplay should be approached.

In any case, welcome to the community! \ :D

Enjoy you're time here. :)

ok, while most people will cry bloody murder about homemade suppressors, they are possible, but not a bottle...   an oil/fuel filter for large trucks, tractors and machinery work quite well for a limited number of shots. They are essentially a store bought ready to go suppressor right out of the package, problem is they are not made to withstand the pressure. They are mostly made of cheap aluminum. AR-15 barely made a pop for the first 2 shots, next two were twice as loud, next 4 rounds together in a quick group blew the filter apart.

Now when placed on a .22 instead of a .223, they last longer and don't explode after 10 rounds.

I do not endorse or recommend this to anyone. Do not try at home. Do not pass go, do not collect $200 dollars.