[41.78.16] Billboards and other tall structures on the road block visibility on the highway

Unamelable

With the case presented here I really do worry about the upcoming 32 story buildings rendering. Currently tall buildings tend to have pretty bad render priority, where you have to come really close to the building for it to show what's behind it. It makes travelling through dense skyscrapper filled streets painful to navigate as you cannot see what's in front of you. Agree that billboards also cause some hazards, I myself splattered a lone zombie standing perfectly "behind" it, after which I just try to go around them. This also applies for trees to less extent, as they actually go transparent if you're nearby and there's a zombie behind it (it doesn't help if you go full spead on the road though). The only possible fix I could think of would be to hide billboards or other obstructing stuff if there is any zombie behind it, but with those tiles being on different height level, I think it would be either pretty hard or impossible to implement as of now.

19 minutes ago, TheMitu97 said:

With the case presented here I really do worry about the upcoming 32 story buildings rendering. Currently tall buildings tend to have pretty bad render priority, where you have to come really close to the building for it to show what's behind it. It makes travelling through dense skyscrapper filled streets painful to navigate as you cannot see what's in front of you. Agree that billboards also cause some hazards, I myself splattered a lone zombie standing perfectly "behind" it, after which I just try to go around them. This also applies for trees to less extent, as they actually go transparent if you're nearby and there's a zombie behind it (it doesn't help if you go full spead on the road though). The only possible fix I could think of would be to hide billboards or other obstructing stuff if there is any zombie behind it, but with those tiles being on different height level, I think it would be either pretty hard or impossible to implement as of now.

That's a separate issue. We're aware it's not great in Lousiville as is.