How will the bodies work with the physics engine? (Future updates)

Unamelable

I'm very intrigued by what the developers have notified about Ragdolls. In an isometric game where everything was originally built on pixels and 2D sprites.

If it will be dummies that will interact like in Half-Life 2, it will be a disappointment.

I remember how ragdolls worked in GTA 4 or Left 4 Dead. And I would like to have something like that, because in Project Zomboid we have 1 death animation in 4 dimensions.

After all, killing zombies is 60% of gameplay, which desperately needs improvement

On 8/26/2023 at 4:32 PM, Unamelable said:

I'm very intrigued by what the developers have notified about Ragdolls. In an isometric game where everything was originally built on pixels and 2D sprites.

If it will be dummies that will interact like in Half-Life 2, it will be a disappointment. Mapquest

I remember how ragdolls worked in GTA 4 or Left 4 Dead. And I would like to have something like that, because in Project Zomboid we have 1 death animation in 4 dimensions.

After all, killing zombies is 60% of gameplay, which desperately needs improvement

Unlike the internal collision system, a physics engine calculates objects' body dynamics and emulates "real-life" interactions between them. 

Havok itself is outdated physics add-on. It would be logical to use any other open-source project to make it possible.

If you never put cans in a box, and didn't interact with it. You probably don't know how havok works.

Now imagine 100+ zombies laying on the ground, trying to simulate collision interaction.

• 1 month later...

Archived