Pope Francis?

Keepbro

No one did but that's my point, considering the world we live in, is it that surprising some people get unnecessarily defensive?

What kind of reasoning is this and what do you mean "considering the world we live in"? How does that even relate to having a discussion on an internet forum?

What, are people magically whisked away to another realm when they're on the internet? Do people's fears and insecurities magically disappear because they're on a computer? Sorry to break it to you, but the internet is part of the real world.

I agree with you completely in the sense that no one is bashing FreeJayFly. I don't agree with you on the assertion that she has some kind of problem and is defective (in regards to you saying she has a "persecution complex"). She said she was part of a marginalized group, minorities often feel victimized, and I don't blame them. Is it often times counterproductive? Of course, but that doesn't change the fact that I understand why and how they feel that way. I don't get where your indignation comes from and last I checked, passive aggressive remarks aren't good for discussions.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What, are people magically whisked away to another realm when they're on the internet? Do people's fears and insecurities magically disappear because they're on a computer? Sorry to break it to you, but the internet is part of the real world.

I agree with you completely in the sense that no one is bashing FreeJayFly. I don't agree with you on the assertion that she has some kind of problem and is defective (in regards to you saying she has a "persecution complex"). She said she was part of a marginalized group, minorities often feel victimized, and I don't blame them. Is it often times counterproductive? Of course, but that doesn't change the fact that I understand why and how they feel that way. I don't get where your indignation comes from and last I checked, passive aggressive remarks aren't good for discussions.

I'm not angry at anyone, where are you getting that? And what passive aggressive remarks? For someone saying I'm asserting things, you're certainly doing it as well. And I honestly don't care what frustrations someone is going through when they're in a debate on a forum. This isn't real time, you have the luxury of looking at what you typed and seeing if it's pertaining to the topic, if someone can't take the 30 seconds to do that then why are you here and how am I a "jerk" for pointing it out?

Someone has one hell of a persecution complex, holy hell.

Sorry that I misinterpreted this as annoyance, but to me, it seems like you were being indignant. And to me, it seemed jerkish. A judgement call you are more than welcome to disagree with.

I never said you were making a bunch of assertions, I was just against your assertion that she's somehow flawed. Having a complex = flawed, in my book. If you didn't mean it that way, alright, I suppose I misunderstood.

Anyway, that's how it seemed to me and good for you that you don't care, but I like to always take into account the person whom I'm speaking with or discussing, regardless of the medium in which I'm doing the discussing. The audience matters a lot when you partake in discussion, otherwise you're just speaking your mind but shutting your ears which is the opposite of what a discussion should be like. She divulged something about herself and I think that takes courage, regardless of the medium, and I empathize with her to a degree. However, I agree with you that no one was bashing her, yet I understand why she feels that way. Is it really that outlandish of a thing to empathize with someone that you disagree with?

I agree with you that no one was bashing her, yet I understand why she feels that way. Is it really that outlandish of a thing to empathize with someone that you disagree with?

Empathize? No, just letting their statement on a side that had no-one to argue for it? Yes.

Not sure I follow what you mean.

Archived