Combat difficulty?

Nynuc

And no, the aiming circle only affected your chance to hit -- if you tried aiming at feet, or something, the game wouldn't know.

Ah, that's too bad, but thanks for the input. Do you think we will be able to somehow aim ingame and aim specific body parts (like what i thought was happening with the aiming circle...) when we have the complete game? Take i guess...

If you guys have a Desura account, you might want to look up one of the old versions and see just how combat was: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2064-older-versions/?hl=%2Bdownload+%2Bversions#entry29858

i.e: spam left click (like Diablo) to just blitz through everything, before the charging system.

And no, the aiming circle only affected your chance to hit -- if you tried aiming at feet, or something, the game wouldn't know.

I found the combat a bit before the steam release was awesome, But as soon as the steam release version hit, That's when it went downhill

Hmmm... If the devs ever put hunting rifles or scoped weapons in the game, having the manual reticule aiming as an option could be a nice way to balance them out. Sure, you can use the rifle as you would a pistol right now, aim, click, hit-almost-always, but their real power would come from being able to hit a target two or three screen lengths away. And when hitting a target at that distance, you'd have to use the manual aim system.

Something to think about. Could make designated marksmen a thing in multiplayer, thinning the horde out a bit before they get in range of everyone else.

EDIT: Hell, put in manual bolting (click to shoot, click to cycle the bolt, click to shoot), and you could make the sniping a more balanced, more visceral experience

Hmmm... If the devs ever put hunting rifles or scoped weapons in the game, having the manual reticule aiming as an option could be a nice way to balance them out. Sure, you can use the rifle as you would a pistol right now, aim, click, hit-almost-always, but their real power would come from being able to hit a target two or three screen lengths away. And when hitting a target at that distance, you'd have to use the manual aim system.

Something to think about. Could make designated marksmen a thing in multiplayer, thinning the horde out a bit before they get in range of everyone else.

EDIT: Hell, put in manual bolting (click to shoot, click to cycle the bolt, click to shoot), and you could make the sniping a more balanced, more visceral experience

Love! I feel so much in love with this post. ;)

Archived