Farm on the west: too safe?

TheVastator

Hey everyone.

After many games I've finally been able to settle down on the famous west farm (the one with the well) in Muldraugh.

After having cleaned the surroundings (including the nearby houses), builded a nice wall and started farming, everything seems safe.

Maybe too safe! Did any of you experience some danger after a while in that zone, or it's just "too easy"?

Let me know :)

At the moment I've noticed it's quite easy once you've entrenched yourself in a position to stay alive, the only real features in-game that I know of to draw zombies to new spots are the gunshot and chopper random events but even then I seemed to be absolutely safe from any danger while I was out on my farm... so safe I had to go looking for danger lol, but I'm sure the devs are aware of this and will work something out eventually, maybe something that drew small amounts of zombies towards fortified positions every so often would be good.

Last I checked, zombie migration had been disable to stem the tidal wave of new players complaining about 'magically teleporting zombies'. All that happened was zombie migration didn't take into account player built structures, which would result in hordes moving through your compound walls while off screen, Move back into range, sprinkle with a pinch of butthurt, and shake to ensure maximum annoyance at the quantity of shuffling corpses trampling your strawberries :P

But, yeah. You can quite effectively clear a neighbourhood and expect it to stay clear at the moment. Bit of a problem in multiplayer, as having multiple players actively removing zombies from an area is as effective as using a chainsaw on a pillow. The migration and metagame events are going to be improved in the future, so get in the habit of scrounging for construction supplies and fortifying up your safehouses. Take a look at some of the epic projects some have already completed, such as building a fortress in the centre of West Point, or occupying the Train Yard. When the time comes, you'll be ready to rebuild.

technically there wouldn't be anything irrealistic into having an horde coming from the borders of the map as the zeds simply walk along the road!

True, you'd have to look at the population count, how much noise is being made elsewhere and where you are, etc., etc.. I just feel with all those variables you wouldn't see too many zombies wander into the farm area considering it's not next to a road but considering how close the train station is I could some a couple hordes come your way.

My wish for the future:

Having a complete American state as a map. Having one big city + lots of these small towns. Having cars (mostly broken, loud and hard to use because of clogged roads), having NPC's that fuck shit up and having zombies migrating over the map + having zombies added when the map loses a certain amount of zombies. That's a long way to go to, as it is the game is already great. Imagine building a village from scratch with other players/npcs, kinda like in TWD but without the drama. That would be so cool :D

The farm is a really nice spot. In fact it's so nice I can see a lot of people trying to take it for themselves. In solo there will likely be bands of NPCs trying to set up a base for themselves. A juicy target like that will surly attract npc raiders. With all the people fighting and gun shoots the undead will show up sooner or later. In multiplayer a cozy setup like that just becomes a battlefield faster.

Archived