Zombie Horde Spawning is a big no no

Arcolithe

Currently, the zombie horde spawning is insanely unrealistic. I could clear a whole neighborhood, than just while kiting one horde another horde spawns IN the horde. As if I wouldn't know after 100 shotgun shells and a few molotovs that the horde just tripled in size.

The zombie spawning should be more realistic, perhaps make them only come from places unexplored in a long while, or make them spawn from the highway and have meta-game sounds lure them towards you. 

Otherwise the whole realism of how easy it is to die kills the fun of the game.

Well hello their friend! The zombie spawing seems a little wonky to me as well at times, but for the most part it's good. But I wanted to comment on your last line their, and trust me I don't mean to sound like a bad guy, but how easy it is to die is the driving point behind the game. If you're anything like me, you're going to die.. a lot. Use those deaths as a learning experience. Personally, the realism behind the death is what makes this game exciting  for me, ever ecounter with the infected is a rush, because it's literally a fight for your life where one wrong move could end with your demise!

Although, if you do find the game too difficult, play around with the settings in Sandbox, that is how I got the swing of things!

Happy hunting soldier!

I don't actually believe zombies can spawn in quite as you described. It's more likely, what's happening is that you're making so much noise that it's attracting zombies towards your location and probably forming a bigger horde as a result. Zombies don't spawn in the middle of hordes right now, unless you're playing an older version of the game, but even I'm unaware as to this ever really being a problem... :/

Are you absolutely positive zombies are spawning in the middle of a horde and not just being drawn towards all the fighting? The reason I ask is because something you said:

have meta-game sounds lure them towards you.

Is exactly how it's working at this point in time.

Instead of zombie spawning they should have zombies just stroll on to the edge of the map..

Same with hoards. They stroll on to the map at one point and make a random trip across the map to leave the otherside. And if something gets their attention then they hang around for a bit.. Or bump in to other hordes and become MEGA horde.

That way it looks like all.of the US is infected

I've never seen more than 1 or 2 zombies spawn per block once an area has been cleared... And I've cleared a lot of areas that I pass through regularly. Most of the blocks I clear will never see a single zombie spawn in until 1, 2 or sometimes even 3 months later. I think Connall is right and you must have just attracted a new, near-by horde. Did you run away and then come back?