upgrading your wood work..

darthdraken

I don't know about this. Crappy fences are most probably build completely crappy, so it makes sense that when you want to improve them, you tear them down and build better ones from scratch. Improving a crappy fence would not really result in a good fence, but in an improved crappy fence that's somewhat better than earlier

OTOH it's not fun at all to knock fences down to replace them, and worse, you loose a lot of material while doing it.

I'd rather just cut out the middleman and make it all one action. Choosing to upgrade the structure requires a crowbar and sees you tearing down the existing structure before rebuilding it back up. Costs half the supplies you would use to build a new wall from scratch because you're reusing what doesn't break from the deconstruction.

I'd rather just cut out the middleman and make it all one action. Choosing to upgrade the structure requires a crowbar and sees you tearing down the existing structure before rebuilding it back up. Costs half the supplies you would use to build a new wall from scratch because you're reusing what doesn't break from the deconstruction.

I like this a lot.

While I know we all want to save materials, I think knocking shoddy contstruction down and rebuilding is the only way to go.  We are only talking about what, 3 planks and 4 nails?  If you want to take a level three fence and reinforce it... add barricades.

I think there is a mod out there for graffiti, if you think upgrading means adding that bit of urban charm.