Being able to turn on the flashlight / hand torch while they're on the ground/desk/counter/table etc.

Irken Empire

So we've had the ability to place items for quite some time and that's just great, but let's talk about the potential of being able to turn on the flashilghts while they're placed on something. So flashlight, an item that is not of much use unless you loot during the night or until after the power shuts off since you don't want to bring a generator to every house just to be able to safely navigate inside, but even after the power shuts off, though useful it limits you to only 1-handed weapons, and it only provides light in the direction that you're looking at, but imagine how great would it be if you could go inside a house, place a flashilght in a corner, turn it on and shower the whole room with light, and now you can hold weapons with both hands like axes, crowabars etc. and even see behind you with your "hearing" which makes looting safer, 2x safer with keen hearing. Just in case I'll mention how freaking useful this could be for the illiterate characters.
20220212103310_1.thumb.jpg.09df578054847a19d03dbfa724d66713.jpg

In this picture it's been 4 months since the power went out, and since I don't want to bring my generator wherever I go, I have my trusty flashlight with me.

20220212103321_1.thumb.jpg.bc53c4e80c072056c84a131d69712380.jpg

Now imagine if you didn't have to hold this flashlight, and instead place it on the counter behind you , then turn it on and get the same effect, but now you've got 1+ hand to use and you can see behind yourself.

20220212110759_1.thumb.jpg.2653904791552c36b7864f2fd417ad58.jpg

With the flashlight radius as it is you could light up most of the houses and apartments throughout the map.

1 hour ago, Axezombie said:

Agree, do the same with candles too

Absolutely! If you place a candle on the table in the middle of the room you could light the whole place, the only differenc is that the corners of the room would be much dimmer, but still better then the pitch darkness without one.

This would be a great feature, i definitely would love to see added. it gets pretty annoying having to hold your flashlight and swing away at zombies with the one hand lol but to be able to just drop or place it and free up a hand while it illuminates the area would help soo much, even an addition of say glowsticks, just throw one in a dark room, fight the zeds then loot, pick back up and repeat would bring a nice atmosphere to the endless dark nights:)