Who Owned this house/What was he doing

Armredhoof

I noticed that it was touched on in other threads but i thought it might be a good idea to collect them in one thread. This it a list of jobs that zombies were doing before they were turned and a list of items their loot table could reasonably generate. ( i thought this might help in building a database for later), I then expanded this thought to include houses , in that the "Owner" would have a prediposition to have certin items spawn in non dedicated rooms( i.e. a "Handyman" owner would have nails and/or tools in their house where a "gardener" would have seeds,gardening items,ect.).please list items in the game only, you can update when new items are introduced.

now my list

Shoper

Tote bag or plastic bag, 1 or 2 random related items(ie food,book ,tools/nails) inside the bag(if food it can be rotten)

Fireman

Axe

Police/Mugger

Pistol,amunition

Failed survivor

Melee weapon,Duffle bag or better,randon number of "useful" items

Buisness man

Newspaper,pen/pencil

"going to School" person

School bag, and inside the bag empty notebook,pen/pencil,sheet of paper

Construction Worker

Nails,wooden planks,and one of these hammer,screwdriver,sledgehammer

Doctor: Meds and bandages.

if it is a doctors office then sure medical equipment, but if it is private house and he is working in a lets say hospital... then there should be a white coat and some scrubs maybe...

Plus, and this is something i had suggested before, it's not perfect though... Keys. Lets say you find the house of a police officer and you get his keychain. now you can open the police stations door with the key and don't have to break down the door or break a window

Most doctors keep a kit at home, just FYI.

Maybe in a car as well, but yeah you're right doubt they would actually have it on their persons..

I like the idea, would be great that your profession had a bit more bearing on what you spawned with. Even better is the house you spawned in also had some items related to the profession as well. So +1 to the feature.

Doctor: Meds and bandages.

if it is a doctors office then sure medical equipment, but if it is private house and he is working in a lets say hospital... then there should be a white coat and some scrubs maybe...

Plus, and this is something i had suggested before, it's not perfect though... Keys. Lets say you find the house of a police officer and you get his keychain. now you can open the police stations door with the key and don't have to break down the door or break a window

I think TIS has briefly touched on this before, or something to do with Police Armoury and lockers? Maybe I'm thinking of DayZ, I can't remember.

one thing i see constantly is zombies with pills on them. dunno who walks around with vitamins or sleeping pills so i guess they must be failed survivor?

im pretty sure that most police stations use higher security than just a key and a lock. any of the areas inside like where weapons might be stored would probably be locked with a keypad or biometrics

maybe u could chop off dead zombies hand or find a code hidden in a filing cabinet. i think it should be very hard to get inside the police armory, moreso than just breaking the door with an axe, but then when u get inside there is tons of guns and ammo.

will different looking zombies or uniforms be added in at some point? it would be hard to scavenge for specific stuff if u dont know what zombies to look for

This is a good way to make going to certain parts of town more useful and necessary. Also a good way to avoid unnecessary contact if you're about to fight a Zomb with nothing good. My only suggestion is that business men/office workers also carry tape and construction workers carry wood glue. I NEEDS MAH REPAIRS

im pretty sure that most police stations use higher security than just a key and a lock. any of the areas inside like where weapons might be stored would probably be locked with a keypad or biometrics

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you overestimate the average police station... I mean, biometrics? c'mon... you really think the muldraugh police station would have guarded their weapon storage with a biometric lock?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you overestimate the average police station... I mean, biometrics? c'mon... you really think the muldraugh police station would have guarded their weapon storage with a biometric lock?

Muldraugh does not even have a police station.  West Point has one, with a payroll of 4 cops.  Considering the immense budget, I think a cinderblock room with a steel door or a steel cage would be sufficient.

I was speaking of the real world... not the game.  If people are suggestion biometric locks, then I think they need to take an honest look at the world they live in.  I have not been in a police station built in the last 10 years, but all the standard one use lock and key or a remote controlled door system.

The police station in WP is nothing like what they have in the game...

police.jpg

I think Mayberry had a larger police station ;)

However, I do believe the devs are taking a creative look at the town and implementing from there... which is cool.  However, lets not go overboard.

I was speaking of the real world... not the game.  If people are suggestion biometric locks, then I think they need to take an honest look at the world they live in.  I have not been in a police station built in the last 10 years, but all the standard one use lock and key or a remote controlled door system.

The police station in WP is nothing like what they have in the game...

police.jpg

I think Mayberry had a larger police station ;)

However, I do believe the devs are taking a creative look at the town and implementing from there... which is cool.  However, lets not go overboard.

totally what i was saying ;) but yes I agree... biometric security measures would be way overhead... standard locks with keys and the occasional numpad/numlock is state of the art in most houses including stores and police stations I'd say.