Physical Traits

Zombiepupz

Like when you are in the traits option there could be traits like:

Disabled-

1 arm +4 points Carry less

1 leg +6 points Slowler walking speed, often falls over when running,tired quicker

That could effect gameplay, for example if you took the 1 leg trait and u were trying to run away from a horde your character could fall over because they have to hobble on 1 leg (this could be animated similar to the zombie pushing over animation) 
Also if you were to find something like a walking stick or crutches(rare, found at hospitals) or even you could use a makeshift plank to help you walk by equipping it, this could help you walk faster and reduce the likeliness of falling over but you would still be slower than a non-disabled person.

I understand that this, if added at all, would be added somewhere along with visible bandages ect. and would require a new walking animation, but it would be nice to see a variety of people in this apocalypse; Not everyone will be 100% fighting fit. When the army base it added, some survivors would be army veterans that have had legs and arms blown up, maybe if your character took on the responsibility of looking after these disabled people you could learn more about the back story?

Please tell me what you think, I'm no expert so I don't know how hard this would be to add or anything.

I thought this way going to be about acquiring and losing physical traits over time such as overweight but the things you have mentioned are somewhat already in(such as carrying less and moving slower) but I could see something like having only one arm means that you can't (effectively) hold a two handed weapon.

I could see a mod being made to carry this idea, it's definitely plausible.

However, having traits like this in the vanilla game might cause a bit of a stir (I can't think of many [modern] games where physical ailments imposed upon your character give anything more than a statistical disadvantage), and introduce too many potential 'disabled enablers' (or whatever the PC term for them is) - like wheelchairs, crutches, cyborg limbs, etc etc

But still, a great idea for a Mod (and even the associated crafting of wheelchairs and stuff!!)

• 2 weeks later...

It could also tie in with things like; you jump out a window and break your leg=crutches or makeshift ect. Or cutting a limb off if your bitten, which people have already suggested? But i can see how it may be a disadvantage too far :P but broken legs that would heal after a few weeks(of propper care) or seeing NPCs with disabilitys would be interesting.

I would like to see my player and NPC traits when i click on NPC or player.

This is what i would like to see

1. Age of NPC or player

2. Number of zombies and NPC killed

3. His health bar with wounds and disability traits you get in game

4. Traits to see is NPC good or bad friendly or agresive and invite him to your group

Here is picture i imagine how it would look like:

testingtalkalfa_zps5721c8c7.jpg

As you can see in this picture there are 2 traits this player get in game Leg wound: - 6 speed and Chest wound: -10 health

1. Age of NPC or player

4. Traits to see is NPC good or bad friendly or agresive and invite him to your group

As you can see in this picture there are 2 traits this player get in game Leg wound: - 6 speed and Chest wound: -10 health

No offense, but it would have to look better than that.. More artsy, PZ style.. But I'm on board.

1. Age of NPC or player

Yea, it would be good if you can have information on the NPC. Buuut, would you know all that from a distance? Maybe when You first meet them things like traits would be displayed as a ??? and after talking to them then it shows up.