Yet Another Weapon Mod

NCrawler

New version is finished with quite a few changes/fixes.  I would suggest deleting your NCYawMod folder, installing this new version and then starting a new game.  If not, some of the property changes for some of the items will not be updated.  Changelog:

vB30.006 - 01/17/2015	--Updated DisplayName property for every ammunition item		--[Should make it easier to see how many rounds you have]	--Added Combat Knife recipes		--[It will now perform same actions as a Kitchen knife]	--Tweaked Weapon Part Kits weights		--[Original firearm weight - 20% = Weapon Part Kit weight]		--[Suggested by Krogothar]	--Adjusted damage values of most melee weapons		--[Hopefully not as OP now]	--Tweaked Tactical Axe		--[Now a one handed weapon]		--[Deals less damage, no knockback and rare to knock down]		--[Suggested by Krogothar]	--Adjusted magazine reload speeds for Normal/Hardcore difficulty levels		--[Seems a bit more realistic]	--Fixed Magazine texture issue		--[Textures now show correctly]        --Adjusted spawn rates                --[Things should be a bit harder to find now]

Note: If you have both a Kitchen Knife and Combat Knife in your inventory and try to do an action such as 'Slice Bread', there will be 2 separate menu items in the context menu.  It is this way because I did not want to modify base game files and override.

The new Tactical Axe is awesome. It really feels like a Back up melee weapon now for those times when your main weapon breaks, you run out of ammo, or you are on a major grab and run scavenger mission. Magazine reload/textures work great, thanks for fixing that.

Combat Knife works great, no more need to carry around kitchen knives lol. New ammo display names are 50% better IMHO. The adjusted weapon parts weight is perfect and fantastic.

Now if only you could make some camo or army greens for my Soldier to wear.

Yeah, during testing the changes to the axe I attempted to fight 4 Z's at once with it.  When I finally killed them all, my dude was seriously panicked and out of breath.  That seemed pretty realistic to me.

New version is finished with quite a few changes/fixes.  I would suggest deleting your NCYawMod folder, installing this new version and then starting a new game.  If not, some of the property changes for some of the items will not be updated.  Changelog:

vB30.006 - 01/17/2015	--Updated DisplayName property for every ammunition item		--[Should make it easier to see how many rounds you have]	--Added Combat Knife recipes		--[It will now perform same actions as a Kitchen knife]	--Tweaked Weapon Part Kits weights		--[Original firearm weight - 20% = Weapon Part Kit weight]		--[Suggested by Krogothar]	--Adjusted damage values of most melee weapons		--[Hopefully not as OP now]	--Tweaked Tactical Axe		--[Now a one handed weapon]		--[Deals less damage, no knockback and rare to knock down]		--[Suggested by Krogothar]	--Adjusted magazine reload speeds for Normal/Hardcore difficulty levels		--[Seems a bit more realistic]	--Fixed Magazine texture issue		--[Textures now show correctly]        --Adjusted spawn rates                --[Things should be a bit harder to find now]

Note: If you have both a Kitchen Knife and Combat Knife in your inventory and try to do an action such as 'Slice Bread', there will be 2 separate menu items in the context menu.  It is this way because I did not want to modify base game files and override.

The new Tactical Axe is awesome. It really feels like a Back up melee weapon now for those times when your main weapon breaks, you run out of ammo, or you are on a major grab and run scavenger mission. Magazine reload/textures work great, thanks for fixing that.

Combat Knife works great, no more need to carry around kitchen knives lol. New ammo display names are 50% better IMHO. The adjusted weapon parts weight is perfect and fantastic.

Yeah, during testing the changes to the axe I attempted to fight 4 Z's at once with it.  When I finally killed them all, my dude was seriously panicked and out of breath.  That seemed pretty realistic to me.

I ran into this as well. Ran out of ammo (New spawn rates are almost perfect, except for the S&W 686, which spawns every 20-25 Z's) and had nothing but the T:Axe and a near broken combat knife on me. Combat knife broke on the first Z, Me and the T:Axe went down fighting. Killed 6 more before my guy was exhausted, paniced, and overwhelemed. R.I.P. Johnny Wespoint

FEEDBACK - How about a Multi-tool or a lighter sledge hammer

guess i will stick with V30.004, i saw no need to nerf the Tactical Axe whatsoever and kind of wish you had not done so.

meh, thats me and my opinion though

Leaving the Tactical Axe as it was just made it a stronger version of the Vanilla Axe with a higher durability, making the Vanilla Axe obsolete. This enables the vanilla axe to be useful again.

The real life version of the Military grade tactical axe is a one handed axe anyway *grins*

Unless NC wants to remove the vanilla axe from the game, script the Tactical axe to work like the vanilla one of course.

This is my simple opinion however given in honesty and with no disrespect or ill intent :)

syfy is a long time user and supporter of the mod so I will be maintaining 2 versions of yawmod_miscweapons.txt.  Heck, I might even go ahead and create an installer with the option to choose between the axes.  :)

guess i will stick with V30.004, i saw no need to nerf the Tactical Axe whatsoever and kind of wish you had not done so.

meh, thats me and my opinion though

Leaving the Tactical Axe as it was just made it a stronger version of the Vanilla Axe with a higher durability, making the Vanilla Axe obsolete. This enables the vanilla axe to be useful again.

The real life version of the Military grade tactical axe is a one handed axe anyway *grins*

Unless NC wants to remove the vanilla axe from the game, script the Tactical axe to work like the vanilla one of course.

This is my simple opinion however given in honesty and with no disrespect or ill intent :)

syfy is a long time user and supporter of the mod so I will be maintaining 2 versions of yawmod_miscweapons.txt.  Heck, I might even go ahead and create an installer with the option to choose between the axes.  :)

Oh I did not mean for any negativity to be in my comment at all. I like the idea of an installer with axe versions.

I am just more a fan of realism without damaging the base game to much :) and heavy challenge lol.

I ran into this as well. Ran out of ammo (New spawn rates are almost perfect, except for the S&W 686, which spawns every 20-25 Z's) and had nothing but the T:Axe and a near broken combat knife on me. Combat knife broke on the first Z, Me and the T:Axe went down fighting. Killed 6 more before my guy was exhausted, paniced, and overwhelemed. R.I.P. Johnny Wespoint

FEEDBACK - How about a Multi-tool or a lighter sledge hammer

Funny you should mention a lighter sledge hammer.  I have had this one on the back burner for a while now.  Didn't know how it would be received.  This is a tactical hammer by the same company that makes the tactical axe:

2WPGlCD.jpg

...or in green:

UNwKljs.jpg

Something like that?

Funny you should mention a lighter sledge hammer.  I have had this one on the back burner for a while now.  Didn't know how it would be received.  This is a tactical hammer by the same company that makes the tactical axe:

2WPGlCD.jpg

...or in green:

UNwKljs.jpg

Something like that?

Exactly like that! But oh my god please not the neon green glowstick! Maybe a forest green or the black one.

Hi Crawler!!! :mrgreen:

I have two questions about Tactical Axe:

1) KnockdownMod=  1,

What is the difference with 0 - 1 - 2?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) TwoHandWeapon=  FALSE,

A Weapon holded with two hands causes more damage compared with only one hand??

Thanks in advance

1) KnockdownMod=  1,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance

From what I have noticed 1 hand versus 2 hand there is no difference other than the fact a two handed weapon either MUST be used with both hands such as a rifle or is only fully efficient (Does full damage) if used with both hands. (Reduced damage if only used with one hand OR Higher chance to miss OR Faster exhaustion, etc.)

KnockbackMod refers to the chance for the weapon or item to knock a zombie down. 0 is none, 1 is like 10% chance and 2 is like 25% from what I have tested anyway.

I hope I helped some :) (Anyone can correct me if my data is mistaken)

1) KnockdownMod=  1,

Thanks in advance

From what I have noticed 1 hand versus 2 hand there is no difference other than the fact a two handed weapon either MUST be used with both hands such as a rifle or is only fully efficient (Does full damage) if used with both hands. (Reduced damage if only used with one hand OR Higher chance to miss OR Faster exhaustion, etc.)

KnockbackMod refers to the chance for the weapon or item to knock a zombie down. 0 is none, 1 is like 10% chance and 2 is like 25% from what I have tested anyway.

Mmh... interesting! To hold an Axe with two hands is a tactic more efficient, right?

Thank you for the precious informations, friend!

Thanks again ;)

1) KnockdownMod=  1,

Thanks in advance

Yeah, what Krogothar said.  Same conclusions here from testing...

Edit:  Oh yeah, you ever going to answer your PM Krogothar?  :)

Well, I will be removing all extended magazines from the mod.  Seems they removed the property that supports this attachment.  Next patch they will be gone.  I would suggest removing them from any of your firearms.  They don't work now anyway.  :)

1) KnockdownMod=  1,

Thanks in advance

PM answered. Sorry about the delay, the notification of a PM is hardly noticeable. 

FEEDBACK - Everything seems to be working lovely, including spawn rates. The only thing I am noticing is the magical unicorn called the Beretta Storm. 500+ Z's - 200+ houses/buildings, Police station, and giga-mart ... No sign of this wonderful hand gun.

PRAYER - Tactical Sledgehammer, Multi-tool that is a screwdriver, scissors, lockpick, etc all in one. Small tools only. No hammer/hatchet/blowtorch/James Bond shit plz :P

All in all your mod has made this game 100x better for me and the wife and .. Furtuer friends who play with us on our server.

1) KnockdownMod=  1,

Thanks in advance

PM answered. Sorry about the delay, the notification of a PM is hardly noticeable. 

FEEDBACK - Everything seems to be working lovely, including spawn rates. The only thing I am noticing is the magical unicorn called the Beretta Storm. 500+ Z's - 200+ houses/buildings, Police station, and giga-mart ... No sign of this wonderful hand gun.

Yeah, it took me a while to notice PM's when I first got on the site also...

As far as the Px4 Storm is concerned:  both Beretta handguns are in the 'police firearms' distribution lists so there is only like a 1% chance that one of them will spawn on a dead zed.  Best place to find police weapons are of course at police departments but it is still luck of the draw whether one will spawn or not.

PRAYER - Tactical Sledgehammer, Multi-tool that is a screwdriver, scissors, lockpick, etc all in one. Small tools only. No hammer/hatchet/blowtorch/James Bond shit plz :P

Yeah, well, I looked last night and the tactical hammer, like the E-Tool, will need custom code written to make them act like their counterparts, the shovel and sledge hammer.  It's on my list.  :)  Hadn't thought about a multi-tool but that sounds cool.  I'll look into it...

All in all your mod has made this game 100x better for me and the wife and .. Furtuer friends who play with us on our server.

Happy you like it and I appreciate all of the feedback and suggestions.

Hello. Thanks for mod, its really cool, And a little question - we use last version B30.006, with "  --Adjusted spawn rates", and its rare in containers, yes, but in zombie corpses... With friend we just killed about 30-40 enemies in our raid to pharmahug and got 3 metal baseball bats, 5(!!) tactical axes, 2 combat knife and 1 machete. All from zombies. Is it... normal? I dont know about guns, because we dont use them in this try, but  there is something strange with melee weapon spawns on enemy.

Curiosity....

I would like to add a second weapon mod (tommygun mod) at the same time maintain the super "Weapon mod" of Crawler.

These two mods are compatible, or there will be problems, bug or conflicts with the files??

I don't know whether they are compatible or not.  Never ran them side by side.

Hello. Thanks for mod, its really cool, And a little question - we use last version B30.006, with "  --Adjusted spawn rates", and its rare in containers, yes, but in zombie corpses... With friend we just killed about 30-40 enemies in our raid to pharmahug and got 3 metal baseball bats, 5(!!) tactical axes, 2 combat knife and 1 machete. All from zombies. Is it... normal? I dont know about guns, because we dont use them in this try, but  there is something strange with melee weapon spawns on enemy.

Glad you like it.  I also noticed the high spawn rate on zombie corpses and have already modified the spawn rates to compensate.  That change will be in the next release.

Curiosity....

I would like to add a second weapon mod (tommygun mod) at the same time maintain the super "Weapon mod" of Crawler.

These two mods are compatible, or there will be problems, bug or conflicts with the files??

Hi friend!! I wanted to warn that the two mods are perfectly compatible and fully operational, together. The spawn is perfect, and it is not overpowered. Thanks to both guys, you are amazing :)

Curiosity....

Hi friend!! I wanted to warn that the two mods are perfectly compatible and fully operational, together. The spawn is perfect, and it is not overpowered. Thanks to both guys, you are amazing :)

Cool, thanks for checking it out...

I have found the mod works with most weapon mods that do not replace vanilla items, just add new ones.

WARNING - Adding to many weapons to the game from many different mods will cause the spawn rates to go wonky and the weapon/ammo ratio to go to crap.

LOOK TO YOUR LEFT! This is your weapon incase of zombie attack! Are you prepared!?

Just pushing my latest changes out so that I can concentrate on a new mod.  Changelog:

vB30.007 - 01/23/2015	--Changed profession starting tops		--[Male gets vest, female gets blouse]	--Removed all extended magazines from weapon attachments		--[No longer supported]	--Adjusted spawn rates on zombie bodies		--[Lowered percentages]

Barring any unforeseen problems, this will probably be the last Beta 30 update.

Edit: forgot to mention, this update should be savegame compatible with 30.006

I have found the mod works with most weapon mods that do not replace vanilla items, just add new ones.

WARNING - Adding to many weapons to the game from many different mods will cause the spawn rates to go wonky and the weapon/ammo ratio to go to crap.

LOOK TO YOUR LEFT! This is your weapon incase of zombie attack! Are you prepared!?

I'm playing with two weapon mods, and the spawn is perfect.

New version posted.  Changelog:

vB30.008 - 01/30/2015	--Updated ETool functionality		--[Can be used in place of the shovel]	--Changed mod distribution method		--[Full installer]		--[Ability to choose between nerfed and OP tactical axe]		--[This one's for you syfy]

Download link above.