Yet Another Weapon Mod

NCrawler

Huh that's odd. Yeah i'm using vB30.004 so not sure what's going on. :)

Reloading also seems to just put one bullet in.

I've gone through the files and tested the gun in-game and it works like it is supposed to.  Try this:  delete the NCYawMod folder completely and reinstall the mod.  I changed some file names around in one of these patches so that may be what is going on.  You may have some stray files if you did not do a complete reinstall between versions.  Let me know...

Barring any unforeseen bugs/issue this will probably be my last update until the next major version of the game is released. Changes:

vB30.005 - 01/16/2015	--Updated all weapon addon tooltips		--[Now inline with base game tooltips]	--Tweaked weapon properties		--[Lowered RecoilDelay on all semi-auto weapons]	--Replaced cloth wringing sound		--[Much better now]	--Updated textures for the misc weapons and the E-tool		--[Easier to make out what they are in-game]

I've gone through the files and tested the gun in-game and it works like it is supposed to.  Try this:  delete the NCYawMod folder completely and reinstall the mod.  I changed some file names around in one of these patches so that may be what is going on.  You may have some stray files if you did not do a complete reinstall between versions.  Let me know...

Works like a charm now, thanks for taking the time to look into it. :) Quick question, how do i attach the E-tool pouch and the other similar containers to the Alice Pack? I used a frame to attach the long and short pouches but can't attach anything else, not sure if it just means i'm out of attachment slots perhaps. :)

Barring any unforeseen bugs/issue this will probably be my last update until the next major version of the game is released. Changes:

vB30.005 - 01/16/2015	--Updated all weapon addon tooltips		--[Now inline with base game tooltips]	--Tweaked weapon properties		--[Lowered RecoilDelay on all semi-auto weapons]	--Replaced cloth wringing sound		--[Much better now]	--Updated textures for the misc weapons and the E-tool		--[Easier to make out what they are in-game]

First:  You are a machine ^___^   Thanks for the precius work :) 

Second: Your Mod is fantastic

Third: Can i overwrite the new files on the old files of the mod, and continue to play my last save?

Works like a charm now, thanks for taking the time to look into it. :) Quick question, how do i attach the E-tool pouch and the other similar containers to the Alice Pack? I used a frame to attach the long and short pouches but can't attach anything else, not sure if it just means i'm out of attachment slots perhaps. :)

Well, actually, I haven't finished the code for the ALICE attachment system.  Currently you can attach the external pouches but not the E-Tool case or the knife sheath.  I will be revamping the entire attachment system soon.

First:  You are a machine ^___^   Thanks for the precius work :)

Second: Your Mod is fantastic

Third: Can i overwrite the new files on the old files of the mod, and continue to play my last save?

Thanks, glad you like it.  This version should be compatible with your older save.  Just to be safe though you should make a backup of your save file and move the existing NCYawMod folder somewhere safe and then install the latest version to make sure all is working correctly.  One thing though; I made changes to some of the weapon properties so if you happen to already have one of the weapons that I changed, it will not have the new properties.

Hello, I like your mod, well done on the coding! Im very new to PZ and I've just been playing for a couple hours, but the mod works fine on my server - nice!

Although I'm missing some stuff - Like instructions. I have no idea how to attach weapon mods to weapons, and I can't find anything about it in the readme. Also, its pretty unclear that you need to have an alice frame and an empty backpack for the attachment system to work. Also, I don't think you can rename your alice pack without it fucking up the add-on system. I added F and S to a large alice packl and renamed it. tried to attach the L and it couldn't be done. 

I like the weapons very much though, so nice work on that. Maybe the machetes and axes are a bit overpowered, even on strong zombies. Also, the drop rates are very high. I've put my weapon drop rarity on extreme and yet the zombies drop axes and guns like its nobodies business. :) Maybe adjust so that extremely rare really means you have to scavenge for guns? I kinda feel it takes away alot of the survival aspect if ammo and guns are so easy to come by.
Especially in the starting place by the warehouse, there's like 5-6 Ammo Containers with 3-4 ammo boxes in each. Me and a friend spent like an hour putting everything into a crate and we filled it up to the point where we couldn't put anymore stuff in it.

Otherwise, very nice work, it's fun to see some other weapons in the game.

Regards

Hello, I like your mod, well done on the coding! Im very new to PZ and I've just been playing for a couple hours, but the mod works fine on my server - nice!

Although I'm missing some stuff - Like instructions. I have no idea how to attach weapon mods to weapons, and I can't find anything about it in the readme. Also, its pretty unclear that you need to have an alice frame and an empty backpack for the attachment system to work. Also, I don't think you can rename your alice pack without it fucking up the add-on system. I added F and S to a large alice packl and renamed it. tried to attach the L and it couldn't be done. 

Lol, yeah, I've always just told people how things work, never really sat down to write instructions.  As for the weapon attachments, they work the same as the base game.  You have to have a screwdriver in your inventory to attach them.  The ALICE attachment system I have been planning to rewrite for some time now I just have not sat down and done it.  I know that the way it's done now is rather basic and that there are ways to break it.  Give me a little time and I will have it completely rewritten.

I like the weapons very much though, so nice work on that. Maybe the machetes and axes are a bit overpowered, even on strong zombies. Also, the drop rates are very high. I've put my weapon drop rarity on extreme and yet the zombies drop axes and guns like its nobodies business. :) Maybe adjust so that extremely rare really means you have to scavenge for guns? I kinda feel it takes away alot of the survival aspect if ammo and guns are so easy to come by.

Especially in the starting place by the warehouse, there's like 5-6 Ammo Containers with 3-4 ammo boxes in each. Me and a friend spent like an hour putting everything into a crate and we filled it up to the point where we couldn't put anymore stuff in it.

I actually sat down and played the game some last night and am in total agreement with you as far as the availability of the weapons.  Playing for just an hour on single player I had gathered up lots of helpful stuff from my mod.  I will be adjusting the spawn rates to make them more like the rates in my MRE mod.  The game settings will not affect my spawn rates however.  I use a totally different, custom distribution system.  My idea all along was for these items to be very hard to find, so they will be in the next patch which will be released tonight.

I will also go through the misc weapons and adjust them down some as yes, again, you are correct in that they are a bit OP.  Give me a tactical axe and I can take out a horde with very little problems.  :)

Thank you for the feedback.  Patch will be inbound shortly.

First I would like to say I registered on this site just for this mod. Excellent in almost every way!

The Modular ALICE Pack system is extremely useful, though the drop rates on it are a bit high.

All of your items are wonderful. The gun spawn rate is lovely but the ammo spawn needs some nerfing. The Tactical Machete is invisible and spawns WAY to often on 1/10 zombies/containers.

Other than that it's perfect! I love the fact you have not added in suppressors into the game as it would overpower the guns.

Q: Does the Entrenching tool do anything other than a weapon?

I ask because I can't find a use for it.    I.E. - I can not dig with it.

Suggestion - Crossbows/Hunting Bows/Compound Bows and ammo.

Allow the Combat Knife to cut animals for meat.

Thanks for your mod, it is the default mod on my server and the only item mod I ever use. 

I will also go through the misc weapons and adjust them down some as yes, again, you are correct in that they are a bit OP.  Give me a tactical axe and I can take out a horde with very little problems.  :)

Please don't change the settings of "Combat Knife" :geek: , because it's really perfect!!! In my opinion is the best weapon if you learn to use it... I am a professional killer with that knife *__*

And about animations of the blows with the knife??? Fantastic...

yfhpv.jpg

Please don't change the settings of "Combat Knife" :geek: , because it's really perfect!!! In my opinion is the best weapon if you learn to use it... I am a professional killer with that knife *__*

yfhpv.jpg

The Combat Knife does feel like it is well balanced. Just as powerful as a kitchen Knife or Hunting Knife. The downside to the weapon being powerful is that you have to be CLOSE to use it effectively AND it is not good for horde fighting.

First I would like to say I registered on this site just for this mod. Excellent in almost every way!

The Modular ALICE Pack system is extremely useful, though the drop rates on it are a bit high.

All of your items are wonderful. The gun spawn rate is lovely but the ammo spawn needs some nerfing. The Tactical Machete is invisible and spawns WAY to often on 1/10 zombies/containers.

Great, glad you like it!  As for the Machete being invisible, that is a new one.  :)  I would completely remove the NCYawMod folder and reinstall the mod from the .zip file.  I modified the textures in the last patch, but that should not have made them invisible and in my testing I have never encountered an invisible machete.  Spawn rates for all items are being adjusted at the moment.  Will be included in tonights patch.

Q: Does the Entrenching tool do anything other than a weapon?

I ask because I can't find a use for it.    I.E. - I can not dig with it.

Unfortunately, at this time, i do not think that I can override the base game .lua files.  I have tried and failed to do this.  I really do not want to modify the base files of the game so I'll have to write my own functions to deal with the E-Tool.  I'll add that to my TODO list.

Suggestion - Crossbows/Hunting Bows/Compound Bows and ammo.

You are the second or third person to ask for this so I will add it to the TODO list as well.

Allow the Combat Knife to cut animals for meat.

I've just now finished adding all of the recipes for the Combat Knife.  It will now be able to be used in place of the Kitchen Knife.  Will be released tonight.

Thanks for your mod, it is the default mod on my server and the only item mod I ever use.

You're welcome.  I'm happy that you like it...

yfhpv.jpg

Don't worry, I have no plans to change the Combat Knife.  It also seems to me to be the most balanced of my added melee weapons.

Thank you for adding crossbows/bows to the TODO list, it is appreciated. Glad you are adjusting spawn rates of items. I am looking forward to the patch and hoping you can get the e-tool/sheath working with the ALICE pack.

After thoroughly testing the mod on maxed out zombies with no power/water I have a few suggestions or questions on how to do it myself.

PARTS WEIGHTS - How would I go about reducing the weight of parts kits? I want them close to the weapon weght but about 20% lighter due to some parts not being reusable.

SUGGESTION - Drop the tactical ax to a one handed weapon and half it's stats. that would balance it very well and make it worth using the axe in some scenarios.

Q: How does one repair the Tactical Ax or Combat Knife ?

Q: Does this mod work seamlessly with your MRE mod? I am interested in adding it to my SP and MP plays.

Forgive me if I am pestering/bothering you to much with feedback and/or Questions.

P.S. - Even the wife has started using your mod.

PARTS WEIGHTS - How would I go about reducing the weight of parts kits? I want them close to the weapon weght but about 20% lighter due to some parts not being reusable.

That makes sense.  I'll go ahead and tweak those values.  Just FYI, yawmod_gunsmithitems.txt contains all of the parts kits and that is where you would adjust their weights.

SUGGESTION - Drop the tactical ax to a one handed weapon and half it's stats. that would balance it very well and make it worth using the axe in some scenarios.

Sounds good.  I'll tweak it and test it out in-game.  If it works well, I will add that to the patch tonight.

Q: How does one repair the Tactical Ax or Combat Knife ?

Well, I didn't add repair to the added melee weapons.  Most of them are forged from a single piece of steel so I figured if they were to break, duct tape and twine would realistically do you no good to repair them.  :)

Q: Does this mod work seamlessly with your MRE mod? I am interested in adding it to my SP and MP plays.

Yes it does.  When I play single player, and when testing, I have them activated together at all times.

Forgive me if I am pestering/bothering you to much with feedback and/or Questions.

P.S. - Even the wife has started using your mod.

No bother at all.  I enjoy feedback and questions as that can only make the mod better.

Heh, wish my wife played games...  :)

Adjusting spawn rates now.  When finished I will upload a new version.  Those that rely on the OP Tactical Axe are in for a surprise...  :)

Today, Zombies killed me (they trapped me into a warehouse, i escaped on the roof but i have finished the munitions..... é_é ), I'll wait your new version and after i'll create my new hero ^____^

2zqezv9.jpg

While reading through the text I was noticing mags/clips for each weapon. Does this mean I can set the reload difficulty to eject the clip/mag and reload it manually for more realistic reload xp ?

*EDIT* I found out why the Machete looked invisible for me. It's using the knife weapon sprite, and upon closer test it only vanishes on swing, I think that is because the knife does not have a swing animation. Just a guess.

While reading through the text I was noticing mags/clips for each weapon. Does this mean I can set the reload difficulty to eject the clip/mag and reload it manually for more realistic reload xp ?

*EDIT* I found out why the Machete looked invisible for me. It's using the knife weapon sprite, and upon closer test it only vanishes on swing, I think that is because the knife does not have a swing animation. Just a guess.

Yes, you can set reload difficulty up and reload mags but for some reason the new magazine textures that I've made do not show up and I have never balanced the reload speeds, etc. for that mode.  I'll see what i can do with it now before I finish tweaking the spawn rates.

You are correct about the animation.  There are only like 5 or so different weapon swing animations.  I believe I used 'bat' to make it a swingable weapon.

Yes, you can set reload difficulty up and reload mags but for some reason the new magazine textures that I've made do not show up and I have never balanced the reload speeds, etc. for that mode.  I'll see what i can do with it now before I finish tweaking the spawn rates.

You are correct about the animation.  There are only like 5 or so different weapon swing animations.  I believe I used 'bat' to make it a swingable weapon.

That would be awesome. I like to play on harder difficulties when I can. So far I am in 27 days with insane zombies, superhuman toughness and strength, Pin point hearing, bloodhound smell and max sight. Still to afraid to raise their speed past fast shamblers though. I hear sprinters are insane!

Side note - MRE mod is awesome, gonna make long term survival even easier without using the OP cooking system to use rotten vegetables without consequences, or other such .. exploits, really.

That would be awesome. I like to play on harder difficulties when I can. So far I am in 27 days with insane zombies, superhuman toughness and strength, Pin point hearing, bloodhound smell and max sight. Still to afraid to raise their speed past fast shamblers though. I hear sprinters are insane!

Side note - MRE mod is awesome, gonna make long term survival even easier without using the OP cooking system to use rotten vegetables without consequences, or other such .. exploits, really.

Well, I finally found out why textures for the magazines were not showing and fixed it.  Playing on 'Normal' difficulty is the best, IMO. Just note that when you change reload difficulty, your change does not stay between sessions so before starting a new game you have to go into options and choose Normal or Hardcore first.  Probably doesn't affect your save though.

Glad you like the MRE mod.  I had fun making it.  :)

New version is finished with quite a few changes/fixes.  I would suggest deleting your NCYawMod folder, installing this new version and then starting a new game.  If not, some of the property changes for some of the items will not be updated.  Changelog:

vB30.006 - 01/17/2015	--Updated DisplayName property for every ammunition item		--[Should make it easier to see how many rounds you have]	--Added Combat Knife recipes		--[It will now perform same actions as a Kitchen knife]	--Tweaked Weapon Part Kits weights		--[Original firearm weight - 20% = Weapon Part Kit weight]		--[Suggested by Krogothar]	--Adjusted damage values of most melee weapons		--[Hopefully not as OP now]	--Tweaked Tactical Axe		--[Now a one handed weapon]		--[Deals less damage, no knockback and rare to knock down]		--[Suggested by Krogothar]	--Adjusted magazine reload speeds for Normal/Hardcore difficulty levels		--[Seems a bit more realistic]	--Fixed Magazine texture issue		--[Textures now show correctly]        --Adjusted spawn rates                --[Things should be a bit harder to find now]

Note: If you have both a Kitchen Knife and Combat Knife in your inventory and try to do an action such as 'Slice Bread', there will be 2 seperate menu items in the context menu.  It is this way because I did not want to modify base game files and override.

New version is finished with quite a few changes/fixes.  I would suggest deleting your NCYawMod folder, installing this new version and then starting a new game.  If not, some of the property changes for some of the items will not be updated.  Changelog:

vB30.006 - 01/17/2015	--Updated DisplayName property for every ammunition item		--[Should make it easier to see how many rounds you have]	--Added Combat Knife recipes		--[It will now perform same actions as a Kitchen knife]	--Tweaked Weapon Part Kits weights		--[Original firearm weight - 20% = Weapon Part Kit weight]		--[Suggested by Krogothar]	--Adjusted damage values of most melee weapons		--[Hopefully not as OP now]	--Tweaked Tactical Axe		--[Now a one handed weapon]		--[Deals less damage, no knockback and rare to knock down]		--[Suggested by Krogothar]	--Adjusted magazine reload speeds for Normal/Hardcore difficulty levels		--[Seems a bit more realistic]	--Fixed Magazine texture issue		--[Textures now show correctly]        --Adjusted spawn rates                --[Things should be a bit harder to find now]

Note: If you have both a Kitchen Knife and Combat Knife in your inventory and try to do an action such as 'Slice Bread', there will be 2 separate menu items in the context menu.  It is this way because I did not want to modify base game files and override.

The new Tactical Axe is awesome. It really feels like a Back up melee weapon now for those times when your main weapon breaks, you run out of ammo, or you are on a major grab and run scavenger mission. Magazine reload/textures work great, thanks for fixing that.

Combat Knife works great, no more need to carry around kitchen knives lol. New ammo display names are 50% better IMHO. The adjusted weapon parts weight is perfect and fantastic.

Now if only you could make some camo or army greens for my Soldier to wear.

guess i will stick with V30.004, i saw no need to nerf the Tactical Axe whatsoever and kind of wish you had not done so.

meh, thats me and my opinion though

Well, the Tactical Axe was a little OP, you got to admit.  Just for you though syfy, install the latest version and overwrite scripts\yawmod_miscweapon.txt with the attached copy and you will have your original axe back with all the other fixes.

yawmod_miscweapon.txt

guess i will stick with V30.004, i saw no need to nerf the Tactical Axe whatsoever and kind of wish you had not done so.

meh, thats me and my opinion though

Leaving the Tactical Axe as it was just made it a stronger version of the Vanilla Axe with a higher durability, making the Vanilla Axe obsolete. This enables the vanilla axe to be useful again.

The real life version of the Military grade tactical axe is a one handed axe anyway *grins*

Unless NC wants to remove the vanilla axe from the game, script the Tactical axe to work like the vanilla one of course.

This is my simple opinion however given in honesty and with no disrespect or ill intent :)