Yet Another Weapon Mod

NCrawler

I got this working. It looks like there was a problem with the NCYawModDistributions.lua file. Mebbe some rich text formatting got in there or something.

All I did was open it, copy everything, paste it into a plain text document, saved that as the .lua file, then I moved it from the "Distro" folder to a "NCYawMod/media/lua/server/Items" folder.

The spawn rates seem a little sparse, especially since the .lua references rooms vs containers, but it does work.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I successfully installed this mod and for some strange reason I cannot find any of the weapons anywhere. can anyone help? BTW for the first mod I have installed for PZ I am rather disappointed. :(

if you look one post above yours, you would see the mod maker is working on a new version.

quite often a new released build means mods have to be adjusted to work properly.

keep an eye on this thread, a new version should be along "soon"

New Build 30 compatible version is now finished.  You can grab it from the first post of this topic.

vB30.001 - 01/04/2015	--Updated compatibility		--[Early Access v30.12]	--Updated all weapons with new B30 properties		--[One to three depending on weapon type]

Issues with magazines and reloading so be sure that the reload is set to 'Easy' in options.  Magazines do not spawn in containers yet.

I am revamping the distribution system so that all items can be found in any container except for a select few (fridges, etc.).  Hope to be finished in a day or so and will then start work again on the ALICE packs/addons.

Final new version for today.

vB30.003 - 01/04/2015	--Updated all misc items with new B30 properties		--[Misc weapons, items, containers, etc.]	--Added new sound effects		--[Towel wringing, creating parts kit]	--Fixed an issue with ALICE attachments		--[Now works correctly]

Had a misplaced file which made the ALICE attachment system not work correctly.  Also, all items in the mod have been updated to v30 so the tactical axe can be used to chop down trees, doors, etc.  New sounds do not play yet but will soon.

it's been a while since i used this, but i don't remember if there was supposed to be guns and ammo in places like the Bedford Falls Military Base, the Police Stations, Gun Shops and the West Point area Shooting Range.

98% of what i find there is the awesome new upgrades

it's been a while since i used this, but i don't remember if there was supposed to be guns and ammo in places like the Bedford Falls Military Base, the Police Stations, Gun Shops and the West Point area Shooting Range.

98% of what i find there is the awesome new upgrades

The distribution system that I have used checks specific containers and a couple of specific rooms to spawn items in.  Lockers, which are found at police stations and probably military base have a higher chance to spawn weapons/ammo/addons.  I am going to be changing the distribution system around a bit in the next day or so.

:-D  Amazing!!!! Crawler, your mod is fantastic!!!

Congratulations for the exceptional work! (fedora)

P.S. I am in doubt for only one thing..... Can i find these weapons into the zombie's bodies?? :???::

Thanks, glad you like it. Yes, you can find weapons on dead zombies.

I am in process of redoing the distribution system so some changes are coming.

can we see the weapons yet? Or are they still invisible! :)

Hmm, invisible as in you cannot see them when equipped or invisible as in you cannot find them anywhere?

looking forward to this, these will be the default weapons on my server

Cool deal, let me know if it actually works in MP please... :)

looking forward to this, these will be the default weapons on my server

Cool deal, let me know if it actually works in MP please... :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as soon as you get the distribution fine tuned and released, we will be adding it.

i will keep you updated on how it is going

can we see the weapons yet? Or are they still invisible! :)

Hmm, invisible as in you cannot see them when equipped or invisible as in you cannot find them anywhere

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ As in can we see them equipped! :)

As far as I know the weapons have never been invisible.  Maybe if you tried to play an older version on one of the newer versions of PZ they were, but all of my compatible versions are fine.

what would happen if i loaded this up in my Local MP server? Would these replace the guns and ammo that my friends and I have aquirred? Or how would that work?!

Thanks! :)

No, the weapons that you already have would not be replaced, but if the game did not immediately crash, you would not be able to find any more ammo for them.  Don't know if it would crash your game or not, but you can always back up your save file first and try it.

Mod is working on our server quite well except reloading the 10-22 Ruger crashes the game.

It happens when my friend tries to reload it as well.

It has Target Stock, Fibre Optic Sight and High Cap Mag installed with max condition never reapired.

Mod is working on our server quite well except reloading the 10-22 Ruger crashes the game.

It happens when my friend tries to reload it as well.

It has Target Stock, Fibre Optic Sight and High Cap Mag installed with max condition never reapired.

Ok, I'll look into the 10-22 this afternoon. Thanks for the report.

Where can you find the weapons? I have looked every where and all I can find is the attachments. Does this work with a certain map or am I being a NOOB (as always)?

They are hard to find sometimes, especially with the build that you are using. I am revamping the distributions and they should be a bit easier to find after that.