Compost Bins

MisterRice

Compost Bins  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should compost bins be implemented into the game?

• Yes. They give an additional use for rotten food along with other benefits.
    • No. Fertilizer should be uncommon as a whole and would alter the games experience in a negative way.
    • Maybe.

I don't know if this has been suggested already, but compost bins would be a good instrument that can be used in both long-term and short-term survival. It can be constructed by any simple means, with planks and nails, or more sophisticated ones can be created with more experience.

It would give perishables a use that was long needed. Instead of leaving broccoli or radishes in your neighbours fridge to rot on its own accord, one could create a compost bin and deposit rotting food, eggs (I don't believe that they can currently be cooked), along with manure of animals at a later date. Over time, the contents will rot and create fertilizer, packed with nutrients from egg shells and perishables that would have otherwise been left in a pantry or fridge.

I haven't personally survived long enough to obtain fertilizer myself, but it seems rare from other peoples experiences. Compost bins would take a while to create fertilizer, but saves the trouble of having to look for one item among the whole in-game world.

TL;DR: Compost bins would benefit both the player and the game from leaving perishable foods to rot in containers, along with saving the trouble of finding fertilizer if one chooses to do so.

Comment additional ideas in a polite manner. This is from only my perspective, and others may see flaws or vital errors with this suggestion.