Help with controller setup

Baconlovar

Question

9 answers to this question

i created a new sandbox game and tried pressing X as you suggested, then pressed ESC and tried to set up the controls on a Logitech Rumble Pad. but nothing happened, still stuck on the keyboard.

don't know if helps, but to start the game i go thru the PZ64.BAT file, and just start the regular game, not in compatability mode

success!!

going thru steam, then pressing X brought up a little menu in the top left corner of the screen that asked if i wanted to take over player 1 or a new player. i chose take over and gained some functions on the controller.

using the right toggle made the player walk around. left toggle made her spin around. i'll get some weaponry and see how that goes.

thanks for the tip, glad i was wrong in my earlier post

i did find a glitch....if you try to sleep before the player is tired you get the "not tired enough to sleep" pop up, then the word sleep will appear on the screen again. if you click that with your mouse, 80% of functions disappear from the controller, you can only walk and turn around. you have to exit and restart to get them back

Talked to Chris -- I was wrong, to activate the controller, press 'A'. =D

But if 'X' just happens to want to work . . . I don't mind.

In %username%\zomboid you'll find a file named something like Controller.lua that should let you configure it to some extent, but it's not a fun experience.

to follow up on my previous post, in regards to the sleep glitch, i found that once you have slept and lost controller use, pressing the A button will make it appear you are sleeping, even if you are surrounded by a horde of zombies and a bed is nowhere near.......strange experience to say the least.

Archived