Explosions - again

Stormy

Been working off and on with this for a while now. Scraped enough together for a short video.

http://youtu.be/cmrYgd1Ys9c

If indoors, explosions fill the space they're in. I think fire is turned off in the version of zomboid I'm running. There are a few things I'm still struggling to work out such as knocking back zombies; Sprites are drawing in a funny way; really should be animating the explosions. I also need to factor in the z axis and door/window destruction.

Great job as always Stormy! 

Dat ingame studdering...

Anyway, Any possible way of making the explosion look a bit more natural? Or are you working on that last?

Which stuttering?

Also:

Sprites are drawing in a funny way; really should be animating the explosions.

Hey Stormy, great work !

In IsoGridSquare you can find an explode() function, with the power and stuff, I use it to explode house when you have alcohol, petrol and stuff inside container set on fire :)

I think in that one you're looping through the surrounding tiles without taking into account walls that might be blocking the route. I could be wrong and have been wasting my time. :P

Hey Stormy, great work !

In IsoGridSquare you can find an explode() function, with the power and stuff, I use it to explode house when you have alcohol, petrol and stuff inside container set on fire :)

I think in that one you're looping through the surrounding tiles without taking into account walls that might be blocking the route. I could be wrong and have been wasting my time. :P

I think I added a isWallTo test for each explosed tiles, but it may not be in that version (or it's lost in my experimental build :D)

Realism ... ain't nobody got time for that.

But this opens up a lot of possibilities ... claymores, landmines, grenades - can't wait :)

Will problaby just be something called "Bomb" since you dont like using specific names :P amiright?

• 3 weeks later...