other bug with black screen

arthurbalen

Question

hi! i have this problem: the game starts normally, but after loading the "this is how you died" the game just turns black.

But in the picture, you guys can see, it's just the environment that turns black because the Hud continues operating normally.

when I enter in safe mode, the game runs without this problem. but it runs too slow, making it impossible to play.

can someone help me?

post-5579-0-99174300-1386716240_thumb.jp

9 answers to this question

Yes, I could never play it in normal mode, only in safe mode, but the game runs so bad that it is virtually impossible to keep playing.

Unfortunately I already tried all possible combinations in option.

However I realized that the shaders are unsupported by hardware.

Maybe that would be the problem?

Anyway was wondering if anyone had experienced the same problem and managed to fix it, please let me know! :)

If you can still see your overlay, hold down your movement keys in a specific direction for a little while and it should eventually bring your vision back. WARNING: This can cause you to glitch through walls and get stuck, but if you reload and do it again you can glitch right back out the same way. It leaves behind a weird shadow after that wherever you walk, but otherwise seems to work fine.

Safe mode isn't slowing down your game; it makes your game faster. If you can only run PZ with safe mode, that's probably because your GPU doesn't support something which needs to bedisabled via safe mode.

If recommend playing with your do locked to 30 and in te lowest resolution. I can't stress enough how much these two things help.

hello!

my computer:

windows 7 32bit

Core2Duo E7400

4GB RAM

GeForce 9500GT

Safe mode is slowing down my game. I can assure you that ...

During July, I think, when I was playing on Desura, the game always worked smoothly. But from the first Build on Steam, the game never worked in normal mode.

So I had to start playing in Safe mode, and I could see the performance difference. Even on the lowest resolution and all settings turned to the performance, the game is terribly slow. :/

But well, anything you need, just ask! I'll be glad to help!

Safe mode is slowing down my game. I can assure you that ...

During July, I think, when I was playing on Desura, the game always worked smoothly. But from the first Build on Steam, the game never worked in normal mode.

Again, I assure you safe mode is not slowing down your game. There is literally nothing that safe mode does that could possibly slow it down.

The difference is that the performance of the game has gotten much worse since July, not that Safe Mode is messing up your game. This is a 'normal' bug that many people are experiencing. It's being worked on, and game optimizations are always in progress. With the upcoming renderer change, things should be running much smoother.

Probably what's slowing you down is your processor. PZ is very hard on the processor right now; that's one of the things that's specifically getting worked on, and hopefully soon we should be able to export more of the load to the gpu instead.

Can you be more specific about your performance? Is it poor frames per second? If so, how many? Does the game stutter? Freeze?

hi Aelihe! didnt work out! :/

I managed to open a window with the right mouse button, and climbed through it.

after, from what I noticed, a zombie came and ate my character :(

all this with the completely black screen, except for the HUD, as I said before ..

I realized that there are people who are also going through the same problem!

I already tried to click on "verify integrity of game cache" button that is on the properties of the game, but so far no results!

I wanted to ask if anyone had the same problem and managed to fix it, to comment here! I'll be grateful! thanks :)

Archived