Sheet Rope - Rappelling in to your own house - Bug?

Balerian

Question

I noticed that if you use a sheetrope from the second story window above a first floor section of the same house you end up climbing down from the window inside the same house.  Managed to do this while running from some zombies, only to find myself face to face with the 5 zombies I had tried to escape.  I was fully expecting to go down outside the house lol.  I will try to test this again and make sure it is a repeatable issue.  Is this a known issue?

Please note that I am currently running the Steam Beta Version.

15 answers to this question

So, I finally found a hammer and have nails and a sheet rope, all in main inventory, but while I have a build pop when I right click the window, there is no option to place the sheet rope. Playing in steam v 21 I think, and there's no apparent way to put it on. Tried at the window, and below the window in and outside, I think. Any further suggestions, or is this buggy?

Yes, similar situation, I am going to look for houses as I play through tonight to see if I can duplicate it anywhere else.  I believe it has to do with the overhangs / roofs on different levels of houses not factoring in to the wall system, it simply acts as a mask for the top of the building rather than as a solid object.

I am having the same issue. I assume you can use a sheet rope on windows of any house, not just ones you build, am I correct? I have a sheet rope in my inventory as well as a hammer and a bunch of nails. No matter what I do or where I click I cannot seem to get an option for attaching the sheet rope to the window. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a bug on putting on the rope? I've made them and have no way of attaching. Right click gives no option and equipping does nothing. Just climbing through with rope in inventory or hand results in fall and soon thereafter death

Oh... Ahah, that's really fun tho.. :D

Damn, I still don't know how I'm gonna fix this, because I check if there's any floor tile between each floor, but because it's a roof, there's nothing.. (no tile, it's just black)... Mmh, I'll see with Mash if we can do something for the hot fix :)

Thanks a lot for the report !

I thought you meant more like this;

2014-01-15_00003.jpg

The rope is clearly the wrong way around and climbing it results in a fall and instant death.

It is the same form the bathroom window next to it.

The building is here ; http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8000649952895186,0.12295735985286814,228.95091994576546

But I have come across it in at least one other building with a same-facing window.

For each floor above ground level that you are, you need TWO sheet ropes.

So if you are on the second storey (1st floor in British terms) of a building, you will need two sheet ropes, a nail and a hammer in your inventory.

Open the window, and right click to open the option menus, "add sheet rope" should present itself as an option.

Hope this helps.

Archived