A few ideas to make the atmosphere a little "darker"

CrazedGunman502

Want more of these?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Want more of these?

Project Zomboid is already depressing enough. I've come by a home, and a women is in the corner completely torn apart, one of the doors is blocked by some furniture.

I love that, I love how it gives you an idea about how hopeless everything is. 

Perhaps there should be a few more things to make it "darker" You should see people who took there own lives, to avoid the horror of being the undead roaming the streets forever. Hanging themselves in their bedroom. People who shot themselves, leaving a gun behind for you to take. (Maybe?) People spelling SOS out of their own blood. Homes torn apart, fridges on their side, Televisions shattered, DO NOT LOOT WILL SHOOT ON SIGHT on the front of homes. Things like that. You get the idea. Whenever your character comes across such things, he/she would become unhappy.

Yay or nay?

• 3 weeks later...

I think, that if this comes to game there should be some kind of psychopathic trait, that makes that player wouldn't become unhappy.

( Like seeing someone had hung themselves)

But if there would be that king of trait, there sould be some kind of trait opposite that.

( Player would become extremely unhappy, if they see anything like that)

I think, that if this comes to game there should be some kind of psychopathic trait, that makes that player wouldn't become unhappy.

But if there would be that king of trait, there sould be some kind of trait opposite that.

This has been discussed a bit before, it would probably be much more complex then that.

I think, that if this comes to game there should be some kind of psychopathic trait, that makes that player wouldn't become unhappy.

This has been discussed a bit before, it would probably be much more complex then that.

Dude. According to you, everything has been spoken of.. im not trying to be a douche. But really. Let people have their ideas

I think, that if this comes to game there should be some kind of psychopathic trait, that makes that player wouldn't become unhappy.

Dude. According to you, everything has been spoken of.. im not trying to be a douche. But really. Let people have their ideas

Because most things HAVE been talked about to death! Try to search the forum. I DO let people have their ideas, just tell them its already been talked about and why its good or why its wrong.

Hell, rathlord used to do it, I just stole his job.

Yeah I'm all for this. Personally I'm a big fan of telling your story through the enviroment, listening to the commentary track for Left 4 Dead on the No Mercy level, really showed how every little detail was important in telling a bigger story. Whether it's a dead body with a sheet over it, a broken down door with a body slumped against the wall. It helps to build the world up.