is every house suppose to have an alarm?

goodfellas2

I don't know if its just me but I went on a loot run and literally in a small neighborhood of 5 houses I opened the windows of them and the alarms went off in every house I tried to open. I go to another building same thing alarm. I didn't know this many buildings had alarms. I think they should lower the amount of alarms or give the option in sandbox mode to lower it.

I think the devs just lowered the chance of triggering alarms in the upcoming beta branch (http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3430-beta-branch-upcoming/). At least it was stated in the initial ninja change log before it was changed :)

Or you were just looting in the more sophisticated neighborhood. You can easily notice that when the zombies wear expensive brand sunglasses and scare you away from their fresh mown front garden lawn.

They were/are bugged. There's not supposed to be as high a frequency as there are, and you'd sometimes even set one off coming in and out of your own safe house, even after having lived there for long periods of time. I think they've already gotten it under control though. I actually just started a new game this evening, and I've broken into several shopping district buildings and residences and haven't set one off yet.

They were/are bugged. There's not supposed to be as high a frequency as there are, and you'd sometimes even set one off coming in and out of your own safe house, even after having lived there for long periods of time. I think they've already gotten it under control though. I actually just started a new game this evening, and I've broken into several shopping district buildings and residences and haven't set one off yet.

Pretty sure RJ's beta branch fixed the issue for the most part.

In addition to the amount of alarms, I find the delay a bit frustrating. Pop open a window, climb through, half way through the house and BAM alarm goes off. Have to hightail it back across the house, out the window, down the street... hehe Maybe that's just my luck, though. :razz:

It's really dependant on where people set up their sensors I suppose :-P

Pretty sure RJ's beta branch fixed the issue for the most part.

Yeah, I think you're right. They seem to be functioning as they should again. I played for maybe 4 hours last night, and set off one the whole time. It was a rarity, the way it used to be. Something you have to be ready for, but that doesn't happen constantly.

Alarms should be setup depending on the house. I found an entire trailer park having alarms while the rich people had 1/5 alarms go off.

I agree. Getting into an old and almost destroyed hut in the middle of a f'ing forest, only to trip a high-tech alarm system can be quite frustrating..

yeah, sometimes what can happen is you fortify a safehouse and you open a door within your safe house and an alarm goes off

According to the devs, this wont be an issue in the next update so lets just wait and see (Fingers crossed)

Archived