Is there a trick to picking up logs?

Kamikaze Snark

I have been having a hell of a time picking up logs off the ground. After I chop down the tree, I can see the logs on the ground, but I can't find them in the ground "container." Sometimes I spend minutes walking around back and forth or in little cirlces trying to access the specific ground square where I can pick them up from, and if I lose it sometimes I have trouble finding it again.

Are there any tricks to making this process less frustrating? I spend more time trying to find the logs on the ground than I do chopping, hauling, and sawing them combined.

I know it took me longer than usual trying to figure out how to pick the logs up. I kind of agree a bit of help would be appreciated, but there's always the wiki, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I didn't see anything in the wiki about this but maybe we can add something.

I updated the Carpentry tutorial a couple of hours ago, but I can attach something to Controls as well?

I know it took me longer than usual trying to figure out how to pick the logs up. I kind of agree a bit of help would be appreciated, but there's always the wiki, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I updated the Carpentry tutorial a couple of hours ago, but I can attach something to Controls as well?

Carpentry tutorial is probably the right place, but something in Controls wouldn't hurt either. It can also happen to people who put an item on the ground and try to come back for it later.

Carpentry tutorial is probably the right place, but something in Controls wouldn't hurt either. It can also happen to people who put an item on the ground and try to come back for it later.

I'll go update controls now.

Edit: Updated.

Archived