Constant Stress As Smoker

uncleseano

So I messed around with another smoker character who seemed to need to smoke maybe one fag a day before getting stressed. It was reasonable and fun from a RP point.

I trashed that toon as I got to building my base to early and didn't realise that having 'any' points in a skill gets you a bonus. I had nothing in mechanics, farming, foraging, fishing, trapping, and most importantly carpentry, some grind, no thanks, time to make a proper Super Hero

So I restarted with the intention of staying around Rosewood suburbs, catching all the TV shows while loading up a van with supplies and equipment, all was going well until I noticed the insane amount of stress he's under.

Thing is...the smoker stress is CONSTANT. Like I have to chain smoke just to get. Maybe 10 smokes a day, you could count to 20 seconds before the stress moodle pops up again. Am I missing something here? Is that a normal amount?

It's seems to have sorted itself out. I was covered head to toe in blood and my toon is a Hemophobic  and a hypochondriac so maybe that was affecting it. Plus I went a few days witrhout finding any matches/lighter.

It probably all just came together into a weird stressed phase

The stress moodlet has no real negative effect. the only thing I noticed is sometimes your character can be too stressed to sleep.  I almost always pick the smoker trait, and wait until you get the sad moodlet to smoke a cigarette. This has reduced my smoking requirements to about one per day. 

On 4/21/2020 at 11:07 AM, voggi said:

The stress moodlet has no real negative effect. the only thing I noticed is sometimes your character can be too stressed to sleep.  I almost always pick the smoker trait, and wait until you get the sad moodlet to smoke a cigarette. This has reduced my smoking requirements to about one per day. 

I do the same. Should point out thiugh that the sad moodlet tells you another negative effect of stress- it can lead to sadness and depression, which I find quite debilitating if left unchecked.

Archived