siva1

My game freezes and I can't do anything

Question

Hello! I ask for help. On build 41 my game just started to freeze, I play for 2 minutes and the game freezes and that’s it. This still appeared on 41.27, but after the update it stopped, for a while, and now freezes again. And I noticed that if this happens the camera stops approaching. I tried both reinstalling and launching the 32 bit version, nothing helps. Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Beard said:

To fix the menu not appearing, you have to go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and delete the "lua" folder there. That should fix it.

As for the games crashing, there can really be a lot of things that could cause that. From hardware issues all the way to software issues, maybe a problem with your current WIndows installation, maybe the specific drivers for your Windows version, it could be your hardware components messing up too. But it it pretty difficult to try and explain what exactly can be wrong with it without having a look at the computer ourselves, and even then I believe it would be hard to see whats wrong with it. If other games crash as well I would probably search if any of your specific hardware has any other users reporting the similar issues, maybe even ask someone local who can check the components itself? Hard to say really as many things can go wrong with computers.

And can there be any problems with the installation? I decided to remove all the mods altogether and try to play like that, and what an amazing game earned without crashes. And I heard that the modification of the superb survivors can cause a lot of mistakes, and I played before with this mod, maybe it is the reason for all this?

And is it possible to see a list of errors somewhere and what they mean, otherwise I sometimes notice crashes in the lower right corner of the screen as in the screenshot above

The list of errors is in the "console.txt" file in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid"
As for the mods causing issues, it can definitely be the case as mods are not 100% stable. It is always recommended to disable them before trying to fix anything else.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, Beard said:

The list of errors is in the "console.txt" file in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid"
As for the mods causing issues, it can definitely be the case as mods are not 100% stable. It is always recommended to disable them before trying to fix anything else.

Deleting the lua file really helped, thanks. But in 41 build problems still remain

On 2/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, Beard said:

Well, the last 5 days I tried to fix everything. And somehow 2 days ago I managed to play without crashes. I still did not understand how it happened, but I reinstalled the game and deleted all the mods, and the game worked. After that, the computer was again abruptly turned off and again nothing worked. The last 2 days I tried to repeat all these actions: reinstalling the game, installing and removing mods, but this did not work anymore.
Do you know what problems may be with the possible installation of pz?

The problems could also be in the whole "Zomboid" folder in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid".
This folder does not get deleted even if you uninstall the game, it contains saves and other game settings. You can try moving / deleting it and reinstalling the game again to see if it works.

3 hours ago, Beard said:

The problems could also be in the whole "Zomboid" folder in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid".
This folder does not get deleted even if you uninstall the game, it contains saves and other game settings. You can try moving / deleting it and reinstalling the game again to see if it works.

I deleted the zomboid file, but nothing helped, everything crashes the same way. And I noticed that apparently the departure speed depends on the point of appearance, for example, in the Rosewood for the policeman, if I appear in the police station, the game hangs an instant after the start of the movement

9 hours ago, Beard said:

And can the Windows version affect these crashes? And then I found it in the console
LOG  : General, 1582564279527> WARNING: Found unknown Windows version: Windows 7