Gone from steam library?

Bretherensi

Question

So, I bought Project Zomboid through Desura, copied my Alpha key, activated it through Steam and installed it. Upon launching the game I was presented with a command prompt, which I proceeded to close. I now cannot find the game anywhere in my Steam library, although, when I attempt to activate the key through Steam again, I am told that I already own the product associated with this activation code. Attempting to reinstall the game through this process likewise does not make the game appear in my Steam library.

Restarting my Steam client does not fix this problem, as suggested in similar threads. Any ideas?

EDIT: Would like to add that the game loads fine from the executable within the Steam folder, but is still missing entirely from my Steam library. In response to nasKo, I did add the game to a custom category within my Steam games library, and upon booting it disappeared.

It's got nothing to do with anything you did in the game

See this thread: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2666-project-zomboid-disappeared-from-steam-library/

and in particular, this post:

Hmm. We heard from Steam about 30 mins ago that we were good to go for Friday, so I'd imagine what's happened is that someone Valve-side has pressed the wrong button while setting stuff up.

Just rang Chris and he's on the case getting in touch with them. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Hi

shortly after the Steam keys were given out I activated the key on my steam account. But at that time it wasn't really playable for me and with the release of Europa Universalis IV etc I didn't follow the Project Zomboid developement.

Now I read that you are shortly before a Steam Early Access release and wanted to try the newer version.

But it disappeared from my Steam library o_0

Is this maybe some kind of bug connected to the early access release? (I don't know how since when exactly this is gone)

EDIT: I just tried to activate the Steam key a second time. Steam then says that the key is already in use by my account and ask if it should install it. When I click yes I get an error that the game isn't released yet.

merged post from other thread

The main file to delete is called ClientRegistry.blob

It shoud be directly in C:\Program Files\Steam

Instead of deleting it you can also rename it to something like ClientRegistryBackup

Well shit. We're in for a universal problem here. Happening on all ends.

Sit tight. We'll try to resolve this asap.

Hmm. We heard from Steam about 30 mins ago that we were good to go for Friday, so I'd imagine what's happened is that someone Valve-side has pressed the wrong button while setting stuff up.

Just rang Chris and he's on the case getting in touch with them. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Good to know! Thanks for keeping us updated

The files are all still in my steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and I can still play by manually launching from there.

That may have been because I was playing the game when it 'removed' it from my library though.

Nope, it's likely to stay there if you've downloaded it already and didn't delete it/uninstall it.

Thanks for the hint!

As a workaround, people can just get to the steamapps\common\ folder and start PZ from the Project Zomboid folder

I got the same problem. Zomboid has dissapeared form my library. deleting the .blob files did not help.

However, the game is still installed in the Steam Folder. Can I play it, or should I wait until the problem is resolved (don´t want to risk losing my save...)

I got the same problem. Zomboid has dissapeared form my library. deleting the .blob files did not help.

However, the game is still installed in the Steam Folder. Can I play it, or should I wait until the problem is resolved (don´t want to risk losing my save...)

Shouldn't affect your save at all. Make a back up just in case?

Playing it from the folder shouldn't have any negative effect.

I accidentally walked through a wall and the game crashed. Now it's completely dissapeared from my steam library.

I've restarted steam multiple times and it hasn't come back. Firstly, does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Secondly, how the hell that can even happen?

I tried it and it seemed safe. You can always back up your  %USERPROFILE%\Zomboid folder which is where I believe saves are located.

Edit: nasko is so quick ._.

Archived