New Screwdriver use + screws

markusariliu

I hope I didn't skip over this suggestion somewhere else. I did check the suggestions compilation and searched the forum.

It seems kind of silly that you cannot take down a door but by bashing it. there should be an option to use a screwdriver on the door when open to take it down returning both hinges the doorknob and maximum amount of wood. Of course it would seem silly to not also add screws to the game if this option is added so they should be added if this makes it in. 

If you don't feel like adding a ton of code you could simply use a different sprite but have them otherwise behave exactly like nails since irl you can use a screw instead of a nail.

That is the basis of my suggestion but it opens the door for other options as well like using the screwdriver and hammer in combo to take apart carp items instead of having to bash them, and more than likely quite a few other options as well.

Joining the support train! (clyde)

If I didn't have anything to cut down trees with I would always just grab a bat or the like and bash down the doors of houses I knew I would never re-enter. It was very inefficient and loud. . . This screwdriver thing fixes everything :-D

They didn't decide not to, the old forum software was so old that there was no way to transfer it except manually by hand. The whole reason it took so long to switch was because they were trying so hard to salvage the old stuff. I'd appreciate if you didn't devalue all of our (and their) hard work by acting like we just decided 'fuck it.'

I posted this suggestion on the old board ages ago, which is now gone.

It's a shame the PZ team didn't decide and use a program to transfer all the old posts over to this board. We lost tons of good stuff.

I'm working off of information that I see, not what I can't. Don't make everything personal.

uh? sounds a bit more like you were the one making it personal. On top of that this is not the topic of this thread.... so...

It's alright Marku, don't sweat it.

We made it pretty public when we moved over, but it's certainly not your responsibility to comb our forums and find out. I just wish you wouldn't assume. Anyways, it's not a big deal, I just wanted to let you know that we really did our damndest to keep our old stuff.

For the record, the information is available here, on the "Welcome to the New Forums" post: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/95-welcome-to-the-all-new-the-indie-stone-forums/

It's also posted on every forum and subforum on the old forums.