Suggestions inspired by the Walking Dead TV Show (Spoilers)

LeoIvanov

Disclaimer :

Thread May/Does contain spoilers for the plot.

Proceed with caution.

Suggestions inspired by The Walking Dead TV show. For now - I'll start off with the Episode 1 of the 4th (new) season, then move on when the new episodes are out. You are more than welcome to bring in suggestions from previous seasons/episodes, or add up the things I may have missed.

Ultimately, you can also use this thread to talk over the things that happen in the TV show, doesn't have to strictly be "Suggestions". Although I've already posted the disclaimer, I'd advice to put any potential spoilers into the [ spoiler ] tags, to avoid ruining people's experience of watching the show.

I'm mainly creating this thread, so when the new episodes of TWD come out, suggestions board isn't spammed with ideas taken mainly from it, and can be directed here instead. It's also here to prevent people accidently spoiling some story plots of the TV show. Without a further ado, let's proceed.

Episode 4x1 :

1# Earphones/Music :

sug1_zpsf08c43b1.jpg

Right from the start of Episode 1 we are greeted with Rick going on with the farming stuff, listening to music with the earphones. What I suggest is to add them as an item and be able to listen to your own music tracks (that you can put into the "custom music" folder, similar to GTA San Andreas' "Custom Tracks" for the radio.

2# Digging things into/out of ground (Storage)

sug2_zps69c366fb.jpg

Just like in TV show, when Rick finds a pistol dug into ground, you can dig things in the ground to hide them and re-take later. This will come in handy basically when multiplayer comes into play, that way when someone breaks into your house, they won't steal -everything- from you, as you have a secret storage in your garden, where you keep some of your special stuff.

3# animals breeding

sug3_zps97088b76.jpg

Finding animals without owners like dogs, pigs, chicken, horses and other ones and breed them, in order to get their meat later could prove being useful in long term survival, when there is a shortage of semens and gardening stuff. However, breeding animals will require food to feed them, and a veterinary to take care of when it catches sickness.

4# Fences vs Zombies

sug4_zps8f1bd528.jpg

Tall, transparent fences can be looked through, but are impassable. For a man to go through such fence, some bolt cutters might prove useful, while for a zombie it's a clear no-go. However, when a HUGE horde is attracted to an area of 1-2 tile worth of a fence, it might crumble, and even - collapse, at some point. But it should take more than just 5-9 zombies to do so. We are talking dozens, even hundreds of them.

Also, you should be able to dispatch some of the zombies through the fence with sharp and long weapons, like : crowbars, knives, etc.

5# Insta-killing/immobilizing carpentry traps and things that "push" zombies.

sug5_zps58f31c1d.jpg

(Ignore the second arrow, it's supposed to point at the gate, not horse.)

Basically, traps that are useful to completely immobilize/kill zombies who walk into it. We are talking about the spears, sharpened wood sticks, anything goes. You should be able to place them on the ground, and any zombie who walks into those gets stuck in it. after that, you can kill the zombie and remove the body (for further usage of the trap) or leave it there, for the sake of "inspiring fear in strangers".

Some items can be made that purposedly push zombies/humans away when triggered, especially useful combined with those traps.

6# Things to replace your cut-off feet/arms

sug6_zpsadf57ef1.jpg

In previous Season 3, we've already seen how Merle used the blade to replace his cut-off arm, and in the newest episode of Season 4 we can see Hershel use the protes to replace his cut-off feet. Might not be the best choise to run around, but definitely easier than hopping on 1 leg/crawling.

7# Generate noise to attract zombie/human attention.

sug7_zps34321fca.jpg

In the newest Episode we've seen Daryl smack his elbow at the window, generating a noise and attracting zombies to him, so the other path is clear. Now, I know that you already have the button "Q" to attract zombies attention, but some alternative (without breaking the window) could be good, if we want to leave windows untouched.

8# Helicopter crashes.

sug8_zps51f93be6.jpg

Self explanatory. Just look at that bloody view. Magnificent.

9# Shopping Trolleys

sug9_zps697f1ee0.jpg

Sometimes it's very hard to keep all of the items on yourself, no matter how much bags you carry with you. Just like in old builds, it'd be awesome if we were able to store multiple (a lot) of items in 1 container and being able to carry it over the surface to your desired location. Imagine shopping in post-apocalyptic mall. How fun is that gonna be?

10# Zombies falling through ceiling

sug10_zpsb7f6d4e8.jpg

Now this one is just rad. And not because it was an awesome scene in the episode, but because of the idea that you can be in grave danger at any moment, even when you think you are safe. Now, with West Point, we are introduced to multi-floors (3+ floors), and flat roofs. What would be awesome if the game was able to determine if there are zombies on the upper level from your character, and they can fall through, scaring the living CRAP out of the player (with some loud noises, too.)

This can add more scary feels to any loot runs that you may have planned in mind. Thought of being closed off by a horde of zombies that fell through the ceiling, plus having the place completely empty at first can cringe even some brave survivors.

Episode 4x2 :

Coming Soon.

#1 yeah music would be cool to relieve stress etc and if they added some of the small portable solar panel kits for charging them it would give you a sustainable power source. also if you could use the solar panel you could maybe have to put it next to a window and if they were rare to find in the map it would make an "is it worth going back for it" scenario if your house gets overrun and you forget to pick it up.

#2 yeah stashing stuff underground would be ok but you would need a marker of some kind to let you know where it was so if you stashed a decent bug out kit outside if someone saw the marker ie in multiplayer they could steal it and you wouldnt know until yo picked it up which would suck. On the other hand though it would be pretty cool if you could boobytrap someones stash after raiding it 

#3 nothing to do with pz but isnt Hershell a vet? they act as if nobody would have a clue how to treat or diagnose the pig lol 

#7 like that idea :)

#9 shopping trollies are loud especially on uneven ground maybe if you could make a cart out of wood and some soft rubber wheels would be better

#10 also a good idea but you would need to survive a while before and buildings degraded like that i think. Holes in the rooof from crashed choppers etc would be a good addition though

#3 nothing to do with pz but isnt Hershell a vet? they act as if nobody would have a clue how to treat or diagnose the pig lol 

Yeah, I've been wondering about it aswell. It seems (from looking at promo) we are going to see them having to deal with an actual disease (Pig flu?), but it wouldn't make sense for a pig to get sick without herschel doing something about it. Well, we shall see in the second episode.

Nice thread and some interesting ideas.

Digging stuff seems to be interesting for multiplayer, but on the other hand not needed at all. Just make a crate with backup stuff and hide it somewhere outside the base. Fancy the idea nonetheless if it might find its way into the game.

Breeding animals would be really nice. At the moment the game lacks some more endgame content. Farming and animals are just a logical combination for surviving...
Commonly suggestions thread says:    [m]   Animals
So maybe.

Also like the ideas of sound generation in addition to shout, especially for multiplayer! Though shopping trolleys - well I wouldn't use one as it makes too much noise. Vehicles seem to be announced anyway for the future whether they are cars or bikes or trolleys. Same goes for traps I think.

A random helicopter crash within the first few weeks somewhere on the map would be awesome, though it is a not guaranteed event. Army helicopter with ammo, guns and food. Think about epic battles in multiplayer as everyone could approximately hear in which direction it crashed. Well enough imagination for now.

I do not like zombies falling through the roof. Wonder how they all got there in the episode anyway.
Fences...well if they are already existent somewhere, yes. But not craftable ones. I rather prefer the idea of barricading with wooden walls as it is now.

May I add on to the list?

More diseases. A zombie apocalypse has happened, but I would like some deadly diseases to make it even more dangerous. This obviously would call for a counter medicine I.E. Cough Syrup, Antibiotics, and etc.

But in the end it'd totally be worth it because it will force you to find medicine, or for one of your group members. Also it'll add some worth in the world, and to bartering goods. I know you can already get a cold, and sneeze but tissues are the closet thing to curing your "disease" which really just is more of a "allergies are acting up, better get some tissues!"

Also this is referencing to the new flu that is affecting people, and killing them in the show.

• 2 months later...

I do not like zombies falling through the roof. Wonder how they all got there in the episode anyway.

I realize this is a rather old post but the store was used as a military safezone for survivors. Someone in the zone may have died (I'm assuming this is the case because Sasha mentions luring them with music after cutting a hole in the fence) and began infecting others. The helicopter could have been attempting to take off with individuals on the helicopter and crashed. There is nothing to suggest, however, that there are not simply stairs leading up to the roof of the building and the zombies went up to check out the noise made by the crash; all it would take is one stumbling into the door trapping them up there.

3# animals breeding

sug3_zps97088b76.jpg

Finding animals without owners like dogs, pigs, chicken, horses and other ones and breed them, in order to get their meat later could prove being useful in long term survival, when there is a shortage of semens and gardening stuff. However, breeding animals will require food to feed them, and a veterinary to take care of when it catches sickness.

I can help with this shortage xD

Hahahha anyways great ideas! the earphones is my fav