Some Suggestions

Rannuncullus

Sorry, for some reason i can't post in the suggestion forum so...

Hello everybody, thius my first suggstion post, so, be patient (mainly with repeated suggestions) :-)

So my suggestions is:

New Mecanics

Traps System

In PZ we have a plenty of items that can be used to craft some traps to help the survivor to atack or distract the zeds, my sugestion is to create some traps that could be put on the floor (or in the walls), to atack the zeds, these traps are craftable, in the survivor tab. All traps have a certain durability.

Drop System Expanded

varios items can be dropped in the PZ, but a plenty won't (like smashed windows) my idea is to, when you use, dismantle, break a item or stucture in the map, it will result in some items (mostly random generated) also we can add the trap system in this mechanic (when you break  a window, it que random generated, in a certain radius, a Broken Glass Trap, and a Glass Shard)

Medical Herbs (For Moodles)

we have a plenty of herbs in real life that can reduce some of moodles being in the PZ game, if we can put it in the "explore" action, we can have another choice to "cure" some moodles or slow up it. We can add news food items with then, a tab called "Teas"or "Infusion".

With this mechanics i have some ideas for items:

Traps:

Broken Glass Traps: Scatter some Broken glass on the floor, causing damage;

Nails Trap: Scatter some Nails in the floor, causing damage;

Preached Wooden Plank: Preach some nails on a wooden plank an put in the flor (More damage than Nails trap)

Line Trap: Strech a line on the floor, can Knock down zeds and players;

Noise Trap: Puts some empty Can on a streched line to cause noise, atracting zeds or warningthe player.

Barbed Line Trap: Use a barbed wire to cause damage on zeds.

Explosion Line Trap: Use the line trap connected with some explosives to blow away zeds

New Drop Items:

Empty Cans: When the player use a Food Can, it will produce a Empty can as a Trash item

Empty Chips Bag: When player Consume a Chips Bag, will produce a Empty Chips Bag, can store a low load;

Empty Jars: When player consume Peanut Butter, Remoulade (glass) or Mayonaise (glass), will produce Empty jars with Jar Lids;

Empty Bottles: When player consume Red Wine, Chardonnay or Whiskey, will produce Empty Bottle that can storage Liquids;

Ice Cream Empty Pot: Trash item;

Empty Cans (Pop Soda): resource of metal parts;

Glass Shard: Drop from Smashed Windows, Boken Red wine, Chaddornay and Whiskey Bottles. 

Glass Chips: Drop from Broken Lightbulbs

Items

Some New items suggestion, to incrase the variety

Foods:

Cheese Variety: Mozzarella - Perfect for Pizza, Parmesan - Good for salads, Maasdam - Good for sandwiches, Edam - Normal

Alcoohol Variety: Beer - Can and Bottles, White Wine, Champagne

Fruits Variety: Kiwi (Kiwano), Mango, Melon

Herbs:

Rosemary: For Cold Moodle

Basil: For Unhappiness moodle

Ginger: For Sick Moodle

Cilantro: For Tired Moodle

Holy Basil/Chamomile: For Stress Moodle

Arnica: For Pain Moodle

All these herbs can be strenght by making a Tea or using the mortar and pestle

Makeshift Items

Makeshift Bag: A Bag made from some Shet, Ragged Sheet, a Belt, more load than a normal bag, and can be putted on back, but have a low durability

Glass Blade: A knife made from a Glass Shard and a Ragged Sheet, can be used for self protection, damage is minimium.                       

Makeshift Mortar and Pestle: Crafted wih a bowel and some rocks, can use to strenght medicinal herbs

I have a plenty more of ideas and mechanicas, but, is my forst suggestion, so, i intent to take it easy. ;-)

Thanks for everything and sorry for the english

HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

:-D

22 hours ago, Rannuncullus said:

Empty Cans: When the player use a Food Can, it will produce a Empty can as a Trash item

I stoped here. Empty cans is very good idea - becouse it can be filled with water.

Empty Chips Bag: When player Consume a Chips Bag, will produce a Empty Chips Bag, can store a low load;

I think that it is excess - becouse it is not useful, even for low load.

Empty Jars: When player consume Peanut Butter, Remoulade (glass) or Mayonaise (glass), will produce Empty jars with Jar Lids;

Empty Bottles: When player consume Red Wine, Chardonnay or Whiskey, will produce Empty Bottle that can storage Liquids;

Ice Cream Empty Pot: Trash item;

Empty Cans (Pop Soda): resource of metal parts;

Also useful for filling or craft - agree.

Variety of new items and herbs - I think that devs will add new items with time as they are doing this now. 

Makeshift Bag: A Bag made from some Shet, Ragged Sheet, a Belt, more load than a normal bag, and can be putted on back, but have a low durability

Spoiler

Hm smells like DayZ yeah? :-D

Dunno, if you are living in urban area finding bags isn't a problem. So it's not necessary in my opinion.

Edited by Unghin

On 10/9/2016 at 3:56 PM, Rannuncullus said:

Traps:

Broken Glass Traps: Scatter some Broken glass on the floor, causing damage;

Nails Trap: Scatter some Nails in the floor, causing damage;

Preached Wooden Plank: Preach some nails on a wooden plank an put in the flor (More damage than Nails trap)

Line Trap: Strech a line on the floor, can Knock down zeds and players;

Noise Trap: Puts some empty Can on a streched line to cause noise, atracting zeds or warningthe player.

Barbed Line Trap: Use a barbed wire to cause damage on zeds.

Explosion Line Trap: Use the line trap connected with some explosives to blow away zeds

The only traps that i see a real use off is the line trap and noise trap.

I mean, how would you make a bunch of broken glass into a trap unless a NPC/player is playing in barefoot? Unless you start somehow gluing/ hammering all the nails/glass into a uppwards positions i really dont see how it could work, also zombies wont care about stepping into glass/nails or going though barbed wire or even damage from fragmentation grenades.

The drop items ideas are pretty nice and i like them because i use that mod that makes trash items like what you posted, however if that went official, MP servers would start having lagspikes all over the damn place because i seen what happens when you put a cluster of items with no use together. 

Also i love the idea of teas/ infusion, it seems weird to me that you cant do that with the botanist trait or i never tried it, of course a tea will never be as good as a good ol dose of pills.

On 11/09/2016 at 5:00 PM, Unghin said:

I stoped here. Empty cans is very good idea - becouse it can be filled with water.

I think that it is excess - becouse it is not useful, even for low load.

Also useful for filling or craft - agree.

Variety of new items and herbs - I think that devs will add new items with time as they are doing this now. 

Hide contents

Hm smells like DayZ yeah? :-D

Dunno, if you are living in urban area finding bags isn't a problem. So it's not necessary in my opinion.

LOL, thanks for the comment, i never played DayZ  :-D

On 12/09/2016 at 1:11 AM, Demonic_Kat said:

Those jars would be unusable to craft canned goods. Usually they're plastic and cannot be sealed the way a canning jar needs to be to store food. I think they'd be fun for storage in general, but the food would spoil in them. These are some good ideas though!

Demoni_Kat, my suggestion to to make the Remoulade, Mayo and Peanutt Butter into empty Jar, but only the Glass ones, there 2 sprites for peanutt butter and the Mayo, one made of plastic and one made o glass,  i wnated to say the glass ones, sorry for the mistake... 

On 9/15/2016 at 8:35 AM, Rannuncullus said:

Demoni_Kat, my suggestion to to make the Remoulade, Mayo and Peanutt Butter into empty Jar, but only the Glass ones, there 2 sprites for peanutt butter and the Mayo, one made of plastic and one made o glass,  i wnated to say the glass ones, sorry for the mistake... 

ah.. well... I think the amount of storage space in those containers would be small... I don't know exactly what good it would do after the electricity goes out.

A suggestion I can give you about this specific thing is using the Hydrocraft Mod. They have small plastic containers used for food storage (brand name: Tupperware) .