Town/Region Maps

TheWraithPlayer

Finding maps in a gas station is a piece of cake IRL, why can't we have at least town maps available. It would be much easier (at least for me) to find where I'm going with and in game map instead of having to pause and exit and then go to a website online. Any comments/question/concerns, please reply. Thanks for reading.

It is a pretty good idea as long as the map doesn't change at all. (Such as people breaking down houses and building new ones.)

Also there should not be any indicator that shows where any players are. The map should be like the one in real life.

Another interesting idea would be using nails to mark areas on the map, or using pencils/pens to mark certain areas. This marked map could also be dropped/traded for others to look at too.

This feature could also bring in new interesting features in multiplayer - such as using maps to host treasure hunt events, or using it as plans/blueprints for a large group built fortresses.

7 hours ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

Finding maps in a gas station is a piece of cake IRL, why can't we have at least town maps available. It would be much easier (at least for me) to find where I'm going with and in game map instead of having to pause and exit and then go to a website online. Any comments/question/concerns, please reply. Thanks for reading.

It will be hard to understand where you are, there are no street signs in PZ, alt-tab to Blindcoder's map is good due to its details.

A map is needed mostly to mark looted houes, Z-mobs, stashes of food and water, burnt structures. Could be useful for multiplayer, to share locations of hidden bags (if needed).

Edited by GOGOblin

6 hours ago, GOGOblin said:

It will be hard to understand where you are, there are no street signs in PZ, alt-tab to Blindcoder's map is good due to its details.

A map is needed mostly to mark looted houes, Z-mobs, stashes of food and water, burnt structures. Could be useful for multiplayer, to share locations of hidden bags (if needed).

Yeah, you have a point on the sign thing, they'd need to ad those, even if it went like this

Street1

Street2

Street3

It wouldn't be very interesting, but it would help me a lot just to have that.

On 04.09.2016 at 1:52 PM, GOGOblin said:

I think It is good idea to get map for landmarking! You get map, take pencil and start makes notes on this map. Yes, we can recieve map in overlay, but we can forget about looted/unlooted houses - that will be very useful, especially in WP. And just imagine what can happen if sombody find map with mark:  "Is there any trap? Any safehouse? Any places full of loot?" - so intrigue! But I think that scale of the map will be about state, I don't know how actual townscale maps in USA. I hope that in future PZ map will grow up to HUGEMEGABIGPZMAP and I will move to Florida! :rolleyes:

Edited by Unghin

1 hour ago, Unghin said:

"Is there any trap? Any safehouse? Any places full of loot?" - so intrigue!

This can be like it is in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : you can find a map (maybe doodle-like shitty map, drawn on some random sheet of paper? or even a text discription) on survivers's dead body or get a map from an NPC as a thankyou for some favour. The map that has a mark like "bag full of tools, too heavy to drag through Z's mobs" or "20 bottles of whiskey, builing X, second floor, under a sink"

Edited by GOGOblin