Whole map disappears except 1 block

Jack Smith

Question

Every time I start playing Sandbox Mode whole map disappears (after 1-2 hours realtime usually) except 1 block, where is my character right now. The only changes - zombies respawn interval. And then I try to exit, but game freezes and doesn't responding (and save chashes). Tried 32 and 64 bit. Game ver. 32.30.

post-26848-0-08416800-1450200422_thumb.j

6 answers to this question

I have a really old, barely alive HD that survived living together with a PSU that actively tried to kill everything that one time, it has Read difficulties but I can easily apply some cheats and run at the speed of a sports vehicle and the chunks still load without me hitting a invisible wall of non-existance so Idk if I would blame this on the HardDrive.

I've noticed in my console that sometimes the game is unable to access the save data (While In-Game) because it is used by another process which I've blamed on my Anti-Virus that scans shit in the background removing access to whatever it is scanning to other applications. Could be an extreme case of that. If it is the evidence might be in the console log.

You can find the console output in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Zomboid\console.txt file, posting it might help sort out the problem if it left any data when it occured.

I've had slow cell loading times on Single Player before too. I'm sure they'll iron it out so it doesn't end up like Starbound's frame-creeping monsters that look like they have high ping, or their slow chunk loads (both on Single Player). xD

Archived