Non-Trait Based Skillpoint Spending

Okamikurainya

This was pointed out to me by someone I was introducing the game to and honestly now that I see it, it baffles me as to why it isn't in the game.

What I mean by non-trait skillpoint spending is that I've often ended up with one skillpoint remaining during character creation with nothing to spend it on. It would be nice if you could take that skillpoint and add one point to a skill category of your choice.

What do you think?

it would be hard to ballance.

a 1 point in nimble is not same as 1 point in aiming or carpentry.

if you have 1 point left its not a big deal.

Perhapse more traits with odd cost would help better.

Or some system to spend those points on starting gear, so instead of getting some traits you can start with a gun, ammo and more food.

Yeah, equalizing the trait costs would go a long way.

a 1 point in nimble is not same as 1 point in aiming or carpentry.

For Carpentry maybe, but I've never really noticed nimble or aiming doing much for me until they're much higher, even then nimble is such a background ability that it often passes over my head. Aiming is currently ridiculously nerfed. XD

The idea of a 1 point "starting kit" would be a nice way to help balancing the skill points. Or it could be a positive trait called "survivalist" that would cause the spawning house to hold more useful stuff like an axe, water bottles, canned food... Enough to make maybe the first couple days easier, but no longer.

To have the same option as a negative trait, you could have some kind of "bum" trait which would cause you to start almost naked and with no stuff in da house.

The idea of a 1 point "starting kit" would be a nice way to help balancing the skill points. Or it could be a positive trait called "survivalist" that would cause the spawning house to hold more useful stuff like an axe, water bottles, canned food... Enough to make maybe the first couple days easier, but no longer.

To have the same option as a negative trait, you could have some kind of "bum" trait which would cause you to start almost naked and with no stuff in da house.

Or that starting occupation gives you some gear.

like police officer pistol and 9 mm ammo

lumberjack - axe

doctor - some meds etc.