First Aid Skill Necessairy Change

Paratroopa

I started this topic in general discussion but i think its better here!

Il get strait to the point.

I find that first aid skill is presently really nice to do but rather useless to boost or to use. Cuz when you are a bit experienced you don't get hurt other way than getting bit or scratched. So i don't get the point of boosting that skill if you die of zombification anyway.

More crafting stuff are needed like counter poison or anything like this. Maybe something to slow the zombification process or stop it with material. % chance to save person life from zombification.

Feel Free to share you're ideas about this skill !

While I completely agree with you that First Aid is rather pointless other than multiplayer, I bid you to be patient.

First aid is going to mean the difference between life and death once we have NPC's.  Zombies and the Zambo virus are going to take a back seat to the real monster in a global catastrophe, Humanity, in not so very long.

Avoiding the dead is easy. Healing up after your friend snapped and stabbed you three times with a filthy kitchen knife to get your can of beans is another thing altogether.

Just as a heads up, we won't be seeing a cure to the infection any time- even for an individual basis. It's something the devs have said they don't want in PZ.

On the other hand, with some changes in the next few patches we may see a bit more herbal medicine type stuff that could also make First Aid a bit more interesting.

Just as a heads up, we won't be seeing a cure to the infection any time- even for an individual basis. It's something the devs have said they don't want in PZ.

On the other hand, with some changes in the next few patches we may see a bit more herbal medicine type stuff that could also make First Aid a bit more interesting.

What's your opinion on preventative measures being taken?  As in, depending on how quickly and effectively you clean the wound the chance of being zombified is lowered?  It's not really a cure to zombification, it's just a lower chance of it even occurring.  Obviously though, the easiest preventative measure is to not get bitten, as any survival instructor would tell you.

What's your opinion on preventative measures being taken?  As in, depending on how quickly and effectively you clean the wound the chance of being zombified is lowered?  It's not really a cure to zombification, it's just a lower chance of it even occurring.  Obviously though, the easiest preventative measure is to not get bitten, as any survival instructor would tell you.

My personal view of it is that the zombie disease is probably viral (though of course, intentionally unconfirmed by the devs). In that regard, it would be like any other virus- the moment you're exposed, it's too late to do anything about it. Even amputation doesn't make any sense for a viral infection- it takes literally one heartbeat to get it into your bloodstream in many cases. Cleaning wounds is a good thing to do because it prevents skin infections and can help prevent new (after the original exposure) blood infections, but in reality the damage is already done as far as being exposed as soon as the initial event happens.

Of course, with an an unconfirmed source of zombification this is all speculation on my part and not necessarily accurate to how the devs feel.