A few suggestions ---

Floppy Bacon

Hey all. I have been playing PZ for quite a while now and thought I would share a few recommendations:

• ability to move/reorganize placed sandbags
  • ability to move furniture
  • ability to sit, especially while tending a fire

• longer burning time for fire and fuels, primarily for ambience and to reduce some of the annoyance behind using clothing and minor objects as fuel
  • methods/techniques to make fires burn longer, such as building windbreaks
  • ability to use fireplaces and woodstoves
  • a guage on the fire so we know roughly how much longer it will burn, and so it won't suddenly 'go out'

• when an axe breaks, it should break into two parts: a broken handle and an axe head. The player should be able to craft a new axe from the axe head and a branch (and should be able to burn the broken handle)
  • increased durability in axes and especially crowbars (which should essentially be indestructable as far as combat is concerned)
  • increased durability in kitchen knives and especially hunting knives

• built in mini-games for people who find appropriate items, such as the playing cards or chess pieces (a game of solitaire, poker, or chess would be a nice way to ride out a long zombie siege)

• engineers should be able to construct windmills at mid-late skill levels as alternative to generator (can harvest alternator from a washing machine)

• zombies should carry more varied items/droppables, including some food
  • since so many zombies are carrying supplies and notebooks, we should encounter private journals that we can read and collect
  • newspapers should have either full articles or little news blurbs regarding the backstory/apocalyptic events leading up to the breakdown of society
  • ability to store pens and pencils in a box (similar to nails and bullets)

• scars/scar tissue on the health screen to commemorate all of the serious wounds we manage to survive

• ability to wear "accessories" such as watches, rings, hats, etc.

lootable items:

• chess board
  • poker chips
  • blankets for staying warmer
  • sleeping bag -- for staying warmer while sleeping in tents/outside
  • more varied clothing, including winter gear, ability to wear socks and stay warmer
  • fish tank/aquarium
  • bear traps (for catching zombies)
  • water purification tablets

craftable items:

• ladders
  • stone knife/blade
  • stakes from branches as stabbing weapons or for tents

skills:

• explosives - boom!
  • firecraft - ability to make fires in harsh conditions, make fires burn longer, utilize controlled burns, and make incendiary devices/bombs more effective
  • hand-to-hand fighting (fighting without weapons)
  • masonry - using stones and mortar/clay to build walls and small structures

additional passive skills:

• agility - ability to evade attacks/move more quietly
  • dexterity - reduces time to perform tasks, such as transfer goods or stitch a wound
  • workmanship - improves quality/hitpoints of constructed items and improves repairs

items that should be useable as fuel in fires:

• baseball bats
  • rolling pins
  • bags, duffel bags, hiking bags
  • smashed furniture

Cheers! --- and many thanks to the hard-working developers! I love your game!  :D

Good suggestions but some of them are already covered.  For instance, moving furniture has been confirmed as an upcoming feature.  Also, your "agility" skill is pretty much covered by "Sneaking" and the two "Guard" skills, which make your character move more quietly/faster when sneaking and help you avoid damage respectively.

There are already explosives in the game.  Getting the materials for them is not easy, however.

You can fight hand-to-hand... by pushing them over and stomping on them.  I'm not sure punching and kicking a zombie is a good idea when one bite is all it takes to kill you.

I don't see the need for dexterity.  Transferring items and stitching wounds both happen pretty fast, all things considered.  There is a Dexterous trait if you want to transfer things faster.  Stitching doesn't take long enough in my opinion.

We definitely need to be able to wear accessories.  I'd like the character sprite to reflect that too, along with bags being held.  It bugs me how my character never looks like she's carrying anything. lol

A lot of your desires are filled by the Hydrocraft mod (http://www.theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11557-hydrocraft-mod/) when it comes to items.

I LOVE the newspaper idea!  +1 for dat.

I'm curious how you didn't know about the explosives though.

• 1 month later...

I agree with some features, like the chance of sit when you are doing things like reading, handcrafting little things, etc.

+1 windshields

+1 fire life marker

Also we need to feed the fire with other materials, like coal.

+1 windmills its simply if you have a little electronic ability, also some solar pannels would be a good idea, but i dont know how their implant is in US

All the lootable items I agree. We need to give some use for a lot of things. Toys and game to make you less bored, or even happier.

The crowbar needs a function to improve the posibility of opening a window or a door. Even a locksmith set of lock picks is needed. It is not dificult to craft.

Add some features to the clothes. The blankets also will help. It is a must-have in a survival kit a space-blanket.

The fish tank, aka aquarium, is also a very good idea that a lot of people is demanding.

+1 bear traps

+1 purification tablets, or simply given the feature to add some bleach to the water

Hand ladder will be nice, but they will be a common object in some backyard huts.