HACKER PROBLEM

eviltidus189

Again,just now,hacker hacking again and attacking player base again,this time,he can turn on PVP,and blow player away,and my sub chararter give him blow,bleed to dead,can admin ban him down?We buying the game,for having fun in PVE,but this hacker,open pvp,and hurt player in PVE server,but player can't hurt him back,whole base blow down by pipe bomb,His name is Anicetys,mind at least handle the situation here now?At least some admin might on it and remove this hacker?

I don't think there's much we can do here. If you were playing on a server that has a thread here, it's better to post in that thread, since the chances are slim that the admin of the server reads this random thread on our forum.

Again,just now,hacker hacking again and attacking player base again,this time,he can turn on PVP,and blow player away,and my sub chararter give him blow,bleed to dead,can admin ban him down?We buying the game,for having fun in PVE,but this hacker,open pvp,and hurt player in PVE server,but player can't hurt him back,whole base blow down by pipe bomb,His name is Anicetys,mind at least handle the situation here now?At least some admin might on it and remove this hacker?

Some people are like zombies, no life, no brain

there are more than one so becareful while playing and don't pick up hacked stuff or admin will think you are a hacker!!!

So as an admin i would love to know what i can acturly do about the endless ammount of hackers and grifers its not like an IP ban is gonna do anything to any greifer or hacker.....

I cant really do anything about greifers or trollers unless i catch them in the act.....and doing an IP ban just means they will be back 4  secs later even more hell bound on greifing......also how am i suppose to know who's doing the greifing ? or hacking :P ? all they really have to do is put a russian letter in their username and it will take me an hour just to get thieir name right...

So what can i as an admin do? Nothing i expect is the answer :P So please dont put this on the admins.....we  are 99,99% powerless

You desperately need accounts ......so i can do an efficient ban...
And even more desperatly i need tools so i know what asshole is burning down the server when and where..
had 10-20 people on a server i been running the last 4 weeks or so.....today i gave up and toke it offline....angry,frustrated and sad...

Since im powerless to do anything about the issues mentined above.

I don't think there's much we can do here. If you were playing on a server that has a thread here, it's better to post in that thread, since the chances are slim that the admin of the server reads this random thread on our forum.

guess that was mainly a question for you guys :P

So as an admin i would love to know what i can acturly do about the endless ammount of hackers and grifers its not like an IP ban is gonna do anything to any greifer or hacker.....

I cant really do anything about greifers or trollers unless i catch them in the act.....and doing an IP ban just means they will be back 4  secs later even more hell bound on greifing......also how am i suppose to know who's doing the greifing ? or hacking :P ? all they really have to do is put a russian letter in their username and it will take me an hour just to get thieir name right...

So what can i as an admin do? Nothing i expect is the answer :P So please dont put this on the admins.....we  are 99,99% powerless

And even more desperatly i need tools so i know what asshole is burning down the server when and where..

had 10-20 people on a server i been running the last 4 weeks or so.....today i gave up and toke it offline....angry,frustrated and sad...

The only solution is to make use of your firewall/routing table.

If you need to know how to do that, we'll need a bit more information: namely what OS you have.

Not to trow any rocks or anything But how is that going to keep anything out?

So are you saying every rented host in the world isent working since i dont have full access to their firewall/routing table ?

And i need to have 7 admins on a server to keep an eye on everyone 24/7 so they can ask me to change my firewallrouting table  for a guy they only know the name of and left the server long ago :P?

But sure i can block out every language in the world right >.< ?  so i wont get greek letters or russian or chinese or thai ect ect.

How about thouse country spercific letters :P Danish has 3 ÅÆØ.   Six if you count in the none capital version.

How about english special symbols :P? having to set up 70 plus rules in your firewall means the majority of people cant or wont host as well..And to be honest i have a hard time understanding how it can take more effort to host a game in 2015 than it was in 2005.

Too bad. I've been doing it for the past four months on five different servers, and many other admins have as well. Use your logs. That's what they're there for.

I'm not responsible for your choice in server hosts and if they don't provide you with basic networking tools such as a firewall or routing table access, then I'd recommend you whitelist your server and manually add users, or you'll have no protection at all.

They aren't hackers, They are just scrub low level cheaters and most of them will be dealt with accordingly when Steam I.D integration and VAC is implemented.

Yeah, most "hackers" are just people save scumming (creating new singleplayer save, cheating on it, and then using it as their multiplayer save)

Unless if they're executing external code, they're not hackers.

5 servers you say?  thats pretty much the total ammount of servers with players on them... 

Also means  you admin  something like 10-20% of all servers online.....sortof points back to the majority cant and wont host this game and puts a question at the many other admins..

Im curious what servers they are? but lets just leave it there....since i get the feeling the messengeris gonna get shot. so okey...

D'aw, you and your delightful little barbs. Careful.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14265-onlineofficial-spiffospace-servers-uscawhitelisted/

It should be noted that we have no statistics for private servers, which I'm sure make up the lion's share of the people who play PZ. It's the least cumbersome way to go.

You'd do well to do the same, if you're struggling.

...didnt i read something about steam being about to allow a multiplayer ban by steam account ? I thought i read that was coming for pz ?

Yes, but that is the future, still. And, frankly, we don't know what hurdles we'll hit once it's out and in the public. I'm sure there'll be some issues. This also prevents non-Steam players from playing on Steam servers, something which a portion of the fanbase will not appreciate.

So you are telling me the tools are good enough but you had to whitelist your own servers?

You could just have said we are aware there are some issues and we are doing our best to make it better. And i would have thanked you and white listed my server without a care in the world. 

And gladly waited for a plaussible steam solution.

And i will now as well....but thats really only thing i wanted to hear :P

Archived