Dissapointing game

rekaeps

(something something)

Sir, your forum pic hurts me. *curls up in a corner and cries*

But back to the topic, I'm surprised OP lists the lack of damaged scenery as a major gripe in this game... Sure, those could add to the atmosphere and such, but it doesn't affect the gameplay at all. If you want to be spooked by the surroundings, strip naked and run to the mall with nothing but a frying pan. BTW, the world actually deteriorates the more you loot and kill and the more the mobs move around and break things. Maybe OP didn't survive long enough to see that.

I also don't get the point of the rant. He says leveling is pointless and boring, then says that random events that cause zombies to move is... what? Problematic? Then what exactly does OP want to happen? Have yourself spawn in with 5 different guns, a fookton of ammo, and the ability to blast zombie faces 24/7 without worrying about food and water and the need for silence? There are probably a dozen games on Steam for that.

These aren't small gripes, this sounds like OP is trying to turn Zomboid into an entirely different game. Which leads me to the same conclusion as OP: this game is probably not for you. I'm sorry you don't enjoy it, but I doubt your problems with it will go away with a simple update.

Hey OP, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy this game as much as myself (and many others) although I would suggest you giving the game another try later on as many points you touch upon are getting revisited. I'll try my best to explain in few points.

1. Empty World - I totally agree, game does 'feel dead', there are zero living beings in it beside your character. Even random pigeons flying by could potentially change that feeling but hey. It is what it is. However I do believe this is going to get changed when NPCs are added back into the game. You can have a look about it here

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/07/its-an-npc-related-mondoid1-no-hype-pls/

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/07/little-green-dot-versus-the-evil-red-dots/

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2015/03/whats-in-the-box/

If it's your biggest issue with the game though, you can try out the multiplayer aspect of the game. I'd suggest RP servers (even if you do not roleplay yourself) as those are the best because its lacking trolls/griefing. Whatever you decide - go with a whitelist server, I wouldn't want your experience ruined off the bat by some random trolls.

2. Build 32 is all about changing that though. No more "This is how I farmed". I've tested this new build (as much as time allows) and I can honestly say you're gonna be in for a surprise when it comes live. Game is a lot more challenging, especially if you are going nomad (I'm a bit confused though, as you complain about random horde event - even though you choose to live "dangerously, still this is avoidable - you can wait for them to pass through, escape by sheet ropes from 2nd floor,...)

3. Well, this is a fundamental aspect of the game. "Dev's vision". I don't believe anything will be changed about it. This game gives you one life - and one life only, so you have to play carefully - like you would if this was a real life. It makes it that much more impactfull when you loose your character. It is possible however - for you to live in the game forever, no one said you're going to get nuked or anything you cannot prevent.

As I said - give it another try, at least when PZ goes 1.0; much of your frustration with the game will be 'fixed' by then.

Cheers!

All I have to say, is I bought this game after watching this game progress from nothing to what it is now. I'm impressed and for the price of the game in this stage, it is very playable and the core mechanics seem to be in the game. Of course there is the odd glitch here and there, some tweaking needs to be done, but what game is perfect now a days anyways?

Devs, keep up the great work. This is the sort of game that you need to love or hate I think. You either will enjoy what this game has or not. I for one enjoy these styles of games as they keep me entertained. I love being able to do whatever I please. Give me a game world, let me choose how I play in it.

To the OP, I am sorry that you didn't get what you expected. Maybe with NPC's in and the dynamic storylines, maybe it'll be interesting enough to try again?

The only thing I can get behind is the current "empty world" everything else isn't negative what-so-ever and it's stupid to point out "flaws" when it's just a personal dislike. I don't know where you're thinking you're not going to have to grow food or find another way to do so considering you know, the apocalypse happened, were you expecting to still go to the grocery store weekly? Finally, "you will die" has been the entire point, it's going to be hard and it's not going to hold your hand, genres such as roguelikes have had this mindset for years on years and that doesn't make them bad games. Some people just don't enjoy easy games, and some people like something with a bit more realism, PZ tends to fall under that.