How long does snow last?

Jamesonline

never really paid attention honestly, but here the other day i did notice something of a first for me. In some 2 story house, i destroyed one of the up stairs walls out. When i started to build the wooden flooring outward from the house on that spot. I notice that if there was snow on the ground, then there was instantly snow on the flooring, that made it in turn hard as fuck to see what i just built, as it was the color of the ground. Many broken legs later......... 

Right now you can still farm forage and fish year-round. It has been mentioned that eventually the seasons will restrict what and when you may farm.  Foraging and fishing should remain year-round activities, but with modified results based on seasons.

Right now you can still farm forage and fish year-round. It has been mentioned that eventually the seasons will restrict what and when you may farm.  Foraging and fishing should remain year-round activities, but with modified results based on seasons.

Not quite. I'm not sure about farming (although I've heard that farming in winter already makes your plants lose health based on your farming skill or something), but I'm fairly sure that winter reduces the chances of catching fish and I'm 100% positive that you can't forage for food during winter, you just keep finding sticks, branches, rocks and logs.

And what about winter? I mean, when can you start farming, fishing and foraging again?

I have not farmed though a winter since build 21.  I could actively harvest crops from March through December.  Things did not grow in January and February.  There have been changes to farming but I don't know if that includes a more severe climate limitation.  It ought to.

Archived