Sir Terry Prattchett

Kirrus

I may not have known that guy, but one thing I know.

He had a badass beard.

*fantastic* fantasy author. Definitely check out his work. I've literally sat in a room, waiting to have an interview, giggling away at his books. (Monstrous Regiment)

He had a badass beard.

*fantastic* fantasy author. Definitely check out his work. I've literally sat in a room, waiting to have an interview, giggling away at his books. (Monstrous Regiment)

Any particular books you recommend?

Monstrous Regiment is obviously one of my favourites. Mort. Wyrd Sisters. Guards, guards!

But really, just start from the beginning and work forward. The early books wern't the greatest, they get better as you go through, but you'll also see characters develop.. like why Death likes humans.

I felt really sad when i found this out and then i caught the last 3 tweets on his twitter account and had to stop myself from crying.

I like to imagine he's with Death having a long conversation about whats next. Ugh. You'll be missed Mr Pratchett

I felt really sad when i found this out and then i caught the last 3 tweets on his twitter account and had to stop myself from crying.

I like to imagine he's with Death having a long conversation about whats next. Ugh. You'll be missed Mr Pratchett

I like to think Death is asking for his autograph.

He had a badass beard.

I recommend Pyramids and Small Gods. They're standalone, so they don't continue any part of the other storylines. You can pick them up, read them, fall in love, and realize that tortoises are really just better than eagles anyway.

Down at Rezzed, the morning after the news hit, me and Will spent about 20 minutes over coffee geeking out over characters he invented. Makes you realise the staggering creative output Sir Terry P was responsible for, that you can list character after character each of which tremendous, each making us giggle with fond memories of scenes and dialogue associated with them, and knowing we were only scratching the surface of his work.

A staggering loss, but at least we can fill bookshelves with his immortal work and re-read them forever :)

Down at Rezzed, the morning after the news hit, me and Will spent about 20 minutes over coffee geeking out over characters he invented. Makes you realise the staggering creative output Sir Terry P was responsible for, that you can list character after character each of which tremendous, each making us giggle with fond memories of scenes and dialogue associated with them, and knowing we were only scratching the surface of his work.

A staggering loss, but at least we can fill bookshelves with his immortal work and re-read them forever :)

The server these sites are on is called 'Mort'. Also, I added his name to the site headers this morning;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vem1uzblqbg0kyz/pzgnu.png?dl=0

The server these sites are on is called 'Mort'. Also, I added his name to the site headers this morning;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vem1uzblqbg0kyz/pzgnu.png?dl=0

I found it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31907768

Archived