King of the Forum! [Game]

Kajin

"I'm King of the Forum!" Kajin shouts, standing triumphantly atop the forum... for about five seconds, until one of the players manages to sneak up behind him and tackle him back down to the bottom of the forum.

Basically, it's a game of King of the Hill, except the goal is to make it to the top of the forum and stay there. Starting at the bottom of the forum in General Discussion, the players make their way all the way up to The Indie Stone Forums logo at the very top.

Every turn, each player automatically moves up three levels (if you start in General Discussion, you move all the way up to PZ Modding). You are also allowed to attack any player who is up to one level away from you to try and send them back down to the bottom. (If you're in PZ Modding, you get to attack anyone in PZ Modding, PZ Suggestions, or PZ Community & Creativity). Conflict will be settled by die roll. The person with the highest roll wins. Defender wins ties, but must go down one level for every point of difference in the roll (if Defender rolled four and Attacker rolled five, Defender must go down one level.) If there is any difference in level, a one point height advantage goes to the player who is higher up in the forum. The King of the Forum has a two point defensive advantage for having the best defensive spot.

Anyone wanna play? I think about ten players will do it.

Lurking within the recesses of General Discussion, I launch a barrage of posts at Kajin, my nearest nemesis, for no reason other than to bump this topic.

Of course, the real question is thus: Do I move up three places, then enact my plot, or do I enact my plot then move up depending on its result?

[The Indie Stone Forums]

- Whoever owns this piece of land is the King, and all other players must work to take him down while simultaneously stabbing each other in the back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[News]

- This is where the rest of the players gather as the move to assault the King. Everything below this is a travel destination that other players pass through as they move to here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[PZ Downloads]

[General PZ Discussion]

[PZ Support]

[PZ Community & Creativity]

[PZ Modding]

[PZ Suggestions]

[indie Scene]

[General Discussions]

- This is where all players start as they start their journey to assault the King and claim rulership of [The Indie Stone Forums] at the top of the map. Try to think of this as a board game :cool:  

Game example:

[The Indie Stone Forums]- Player One is Here

[News]- Player Two is here and staging an assault on the current King, Player One

[PZ Downloads]

[General PZ Discussion]

[PZ Support]- Player Three is here. He was in [News], but got into a fight with Player Two and lost the die roll by three, getting booted down to [PZ Support] as a result. He will be in [News] next turn because players move up three spaces automatically each round.

[PZ Community & Creativity]

[PZ Modding]- Player Four is here, having moved up from [General Discussions] last turn.

[PZ Suggestions]

[indie Scene]

[General Discussions]