Problem with griefers & some general questions

bluefish

So recently some people have joined my server just to burn the entire place down or to just troll in general. I am running a PVP server so I am okay with base raids & even the destruction of bases using fire so if I could avoid it I'd rather not remove fire spread. If it's the only option available then how do I do it?

66501eced2.jpg

One of these griefers built a floating base with notes around it saying "host is kind" and all sorts of trolly messages. The only way up into the base is by using a rope. If you climb it you will fall back down to die. So my question is; can I remove this easily somehow? Like reset the one cell it's in or something? If I was able to teleport up there I could simply burn it all down but there's no way to do that as far as I know.

Can I track down who it was that built it somehow? Are there any logs for this kind of thing? 

My next question is; How can I backup my server? I am running a server in Windows. What files/folders do I need to copy? It would be nice to be able to do a rollback in case some of these trolls burned the entire server down.

Edit: I managed to solve this one myself by using a .bat with Windows scheduler.

@echo offset servername=servertestset backupdir=E:\Backupset backupcmd=xcopy /S /E /H /Iset zomboidserver=%USERPROFILE%\Zomboid\Multiplayer\%servername%set timename=%date% %time:~0,2%00if not exist "%backupdir%" echo Backup directory %backupdir% does not exist. Creating it!if not exist "%backupdir%" mkdir "%backupdir%"echo %backupdir% created!echo Backup starting ...%backupcmd% "%zomboidserver%" "%backupdir%\%timename%"echo Backup completed! Copied %zomboidserver% files to %backupdir%\%timename%!@pause

It does not seem like zombies are spawning on my server. Is this a bug or do I need to change some settings? I am using these atm;

HoursForZombiesRespawn=2
IncreaseZombieRespawnBy=50

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Bit unsure of the details, but if you go into %username%\zomboid\multiplayer\servername (where servername is the name of your server), you'll see a series of map_x_y.bin files. These are individual chunks on the map. You'd want to get a coordinate viewer (http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4226-coordinate-viewer-v072/) and go to that location. Then, delete the corresponding map_x_y.bin of the structure.

On restarting the server, the chunk will be replaced with a fresh one.

Bit unsure of the details, but if you go into %username%\zomboid\multiplayer\servername (where servername is the name of your server), you'll see a series of map_x_y.bin files. These are individual chunks on the map. You'd want to get a coordinate viewer (http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4226-coordinate-viewer-v072/) and go to that location. Then, delete the corresponding map_x_y.bin of the structure.

Thank you! That mod seems to be outdated. It does not pop up in mods menu in-game after putting it in the mod-folder. Would I be able to get the same coordinates by using Blindcoders map? Using his map I get that the coordinates should be 153x11 or 10653x9311 but there is no 153_11 or 10653_9311 bin in the map-folder. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you! That mod seems to be outdated. It does not pop up in mods menu in-game after putting it in the mod-folder. Would I be able to get the same coordinates by using Blindcoders map? Using his map I get that the coordinates should be 153x11 or 10653x9311 but there is no 153_11 or 10653_9311 bin in the map-folder. Am I doing something wrong here?

There's an update on the second page. Did you try that:

I hope you don't mind RoboMat, but I updated this mod of yours to work on Build 27.  I added a poster.png, changed the version number and added a local 'updatedby' variable.  It's posted here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1q4id2gg058ln0j/RMCoordinateViewer_v0.7.3.zip

The cell in your picture would be 35_31 bordering 35_30. It'll wipe off the whole cell area. You can't delete anything more accurately than that afaik.

Thanks! How did you get the coordinates? Are you running an older version of PZ in order to get that mod working or using some thing else to get the coordinates? I would make it a lot easier in the future if I knew how to do it. 

If you're running an older version to do it, where would I find that older version to download?

Edit: There is no 35_30 or 35_31 bin in the folder. In my server\multiplayer folder there's a lot of bin-files. They go up to numbers like 759x1123. So the low cell numbers that I can see on http://pzmap.crash-override.net seem to be referring to a different type of cell. 

The map_X_Y.bin files are 10x10 chunks.  Take the Coords: from Blindcoder's map and divide by 10 (remove the last digit).

Thank you. That solved the griefer issue somewhat! Is it possible to see who actually built that? If not then it would be great if it was implemented sometime in the future. Like the creators name attached to each block he placed in the world or something like that. Visible to admins when logged in. I would like to ban anybody that pulls stuff like that. Right now the same guy(s) could be building new identical flying buildings all over the place.

Does anybody know why zombies dont seem to be spawning on my server? 

I use these settings:
HoursForZombiesRespawn=2
IncreaseZombieRespawnBy=50