Extended Building Options

SiderisAnon

[snip]

Current list of mods I'm running:

[snip]

Running Project Zomboid with no mods but my own, I get no option to hammer a hammer with a hammer.

I suggest you first empty absolutely all items out of your inventory except the hammers, turn off all mods except Extended Building Options, and try again. Then add your mod list back in one at a time until you find the one causing the issue.

Is it possible to get both tall and short chain link fencing with a matching entrances?

I originally had chain link on my list of fences, but it ended up being more complicated than normal fencing because of how the support posts are set up on the sprites. Things looked really ugly just treating them like a normal fence sprite. The same was true with both short and tall chain link and short and tall wrought iron.

I did not see a good chain link fence gate either.

Overall, there do not seem to be many fence gate sprites. I have the few wooden gates I could find noted so I can go back and experiment with getting decent looking fence gates at a later point.

• 2 weeks later...

Your mod is awesome. Really it's Awesome ! I was thinking of doing this kind of mod because I knew the "Building Mod" was already existing but I find it too much OP and I wanted a more balanced construction mod.

And here you are, with your mod. I'm really impressed. That's a well balanced building mod, maybe some adjustment could be added but it's perfect for my roleplay server, exactly what I needed.  :-D

Some of my inspiration and education also came from the "Handmade Wooden Dowels" mod by Onkeen.

Wow. Well that's rewarding, I never knew I could be a source of "inspiration and education"... Thank you :oops:

And believe me, you've done some incredible job here !  :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw that Project Zomboid had updated to Build 31.  I ran a quick test and was able to build a handful of random items, so that portion of the mod should still be working.

The Carpentry requirements are now off with the new skill system.

My plan is to carve out some time this weekend to update the mod to the new Carpentry numbers.  I will also be adding in the requested fence and log wall corners that are missing from the main game.  There will also be new art for the mod items that was generously donated.

I just saw that Project Zomboid had updated to Build 31.  I ran a quick test and was able to build a handful of random items, so that portion of the mod should still be working.

The Carpentry requirements are now off with the new skill system.

My plan is to carve out some time this weekend to update the mod to the new Carpentry numbers.  I will also be adding in the requested fence and log wall corners that are missing from the main game.  There will also be new art for the mod items that was generously donated.

Working with current version of PZ? 

Thanks,

The Extended Building Options Mod has been updated for Project Zomboid Release 31.

Update: Extended Building Options v1.2

March 27, 2015: Extended Building Options mod version 1.2 for Project Zomboid version 31.10.

• Added log wall post and fence post that match the default Project Zomboid wall/fence. Look under Other -> Missing PZ Corners.
  • New inventory item art provided to me by Svarog and Onkeen.
  • Change the Carpentry values to be more in line with Release 31.
  • Updated door creation code to use the new key-assigned doorknobs.
  • Keys and locks were intentionally left not able to be scrapped. (At least for now.)
  • Removed "Dark Brown Wooden Stairs" and "Medium Brown Wooden Stairs" as these are now part of the base Project Zomboid construction options.
  • Added tin cans to the new Canned Carrots, Canned Corn, Canned Corned Beef, Canned Mushroom Soup, Canned Peas, Canned Potato, Canned Sardines, and Canned Tomato. This does not affect any vegetables you can 'can' with a jar and vinegar.
I did not have as much time available to test this release as I was able to take with the intial relase. As example, I built one of every single object for version 1.0, but just a handful of objects for 1.2. Please let me know if anything is not working correctly.

There may have been items added to the game with Build 31 that should be hammerable into metal pieces. If I missed any, post a note and I will take a look.

The Extended Building Options Mod has been updated for Project Zomboid Release 31.

Update: Extended Building Options v1.2

March 27, 2015: Extended Building Options mod version 1.2 for Project Zomboid version 31.10.

• Added log wall post and fence post that match the default Project Zomboid wall/fence. Look under Other -> Missing PZ Corners.
  • New inventory item art provided to me by Svarog and Onkeen.
  • Change the Carpentry values to be more in line with Release 31.
  • Updated door creation code to use the new key-assigned doorknobs.
  • Keys and locks were intentionally left not able to be scrapped. (At least for now.)
  • Removed "Dark Brown Wooden Stairs" and "Medium Brown Wooden Stairs" as these are now part of the base Project Zomboid construction options.
  • Added tin cans to the new Canned Carrots, Canned Corn, Canned Corned Beef, Canned Mushroom Soup, Canned Peas, Canned Potato, Canned Sardines, and Canned Tomato. This does not affect any vegetables you can 'can' with a jar and vinegar.
I did not have as much time available to test this release as I was able to take with the intial relase. As example, I built one of every single object for version 1.0, but just a handful of objects for 1.2. Please let me know if anything is not working correctly.

There may have been items added to the game with Build 31 that should be hammerable into metal pieces. If I missed any, post a note and I will take a look.

Awesome, Thanks!

Well seems i can build the default stuff for free. At least in MP on my server. Only happened after i updated you're mod.

Only use 3 mods.

Aw, Crud Monkeys! I left the debug/cheat mode on, which affects all the building in Project Zomboid. Sorry about that.

Comment out line 205 in EBOBuildMenu.lua if you want to fix it yourself, or just grab the newest download of the mod.

Amazing work you have done with this mod, should screws be dropping as loot, I have not come across any.

Screws are a base game item. Try hardware stores and the mechanic bays at gas stations. I believe they only drop in boxes of 100, but I am not completely positive.

Thanks for this mod. It adds so much to the game. Do you have any plans to add in a constructable grill or something like that?

I'm looking in to the code to do just that. I have added refrigerators, but I'm having issues with stoves being able to toggle on/off. Once I resolve that even more options could become available for Sideris.

Thanks for this mod. It adds so much to the game. Do you have any plans to add in a constructable grill or something like that?

In the short term, no. My current workload is such that adding to the mod has taken a lower priority than playing for a bit. Plus, when I go back and forth between PZ's LUA and the C# work I'm doing currently, my head hurts. :)

In the longer term, there are a few objects I want to add. After that, I had started down the rabbit hole of trying to get shelves to work where they show generic items on them when filled, like shop shelves do in the base game, so that is likely where I will start back up.

After that... I'm not sure. It will really depend on what I feel the game is missing out on. If someone else beats me to working refrigerators and/or working stoves, I won't have to worry about adding them. ;)

In the short term, no. My current workload is such that adding to the mod has taken a lower priority than playing for a bit. Plus, when I go back and forth between PZ's LUA and the C# work I'm doing currently, my head hurts. :)

In the longer term, there are a few objects I want to add. After that, I had started down the rabbit hole of trying to get shelves to work where they show generic items on them when filled, like shop shelves do in the base game, so that is likely where I will start back up.

After that... I'm not sure. It will really depend on what I feel the game is missing out on. If someone else beats me to working refrigerators and/or working stoves, I won't have to worry about adding them. ;)

I have refrigerators working now. That was simple, actually.

Stoves on the other hand, I'm having issues getting the context menu to activate properly for the turn on/turn off states. The context menu properly activates with a right-click, but I currently have no options for turning it on/off.

Can you add this mod to an existing server? My and a mate have been playing a LAN server, and decided to add this the other day. When I do anything that is made using the mod (I've been using cut sticks into twigs as a test), the item that I am modifying is removed at the end of the timer (in this example, the stick) and I don't get the made item (the twigs). Same thing happened when I cooked metal - it 'cooked' and separated into roasting pan and sheet metal, but when I removed them from the oven they vanished. Any ideas?

Also as an fyi - I got the old Craftable Sandbags mod - it didn't work as base, but I tacked its code onto the end of the recipes list in this mod and it didn't encounter the same problem (sandbags were made from sheets and added to my inventory) - also when I fixed the sandbag mod (moved the script folder into a media folder) it also worked properly.

Can you add this mod to an existing server?

I do not play on multiplayer and do not know anything about how mods function under multiplayer.

Based on other games I have played with multiplayer and modding, my first question would be whether the mod has to be installed on the server, on the client, or on both? I am guessing on both.

Any ideas?

I asked another player who uses this mod in multiplayer. You need to install the mod both on your own copy of Project Zomboid and on the server itself.

If you are still having problems at that point, since it is working in multiplayer for someone else, my first thought would be for you to test it out with no other mods installed on your server or client. Maybe another mod is interfering.

Hmm. My post wasn't the most descriptive - blame it on late night posting. The server is just a dedicated that I'm running on my machine, and then running the game as well.

The building mod was the only mod that I was trying to run. Just to clarify, to install this on both my game, and the dedicated, I just have to put the files in the %user%/Zomboid/mods folder, add the modname to the server ini and then when I run the game and dedicated, activate it from the mod menu ingame (or add the modname to the loaded.txt), right?

As a side point, once I gave up trying to get this to work, and 'fixed' the sandbag mod, everything seemed to be working fine - but then we noticed that we couldn't open canned food anymore (I'm guessing something was happening with the recipe system). Removed the sandbag mod and everything worked again.

Dammit. I was all 'Ah ha! Thats the problem" - but after adding the JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions folder to both the folders I still have the same problem - anything crafted using the system disappears.

Again just to clarify, I:

Added JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions to Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\mods

Added JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions to Users\*****\Zomboid\mod

Added "JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions" to Users\*****\Zomboid\Server\servertest.ini

Added "JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions" to both \mod\loaded.txt

JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions is the only mod running

Sawing a branch into twigs causes the twig to be removed from my inventory, and get nothing in return.

Dammit. I was all 'Ah ha! Thats the problem" - but after adding the JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions folder to both the folders I still have the same problem - anything crafted using the system disappears.

Again just to clarify, I:

Added JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions to Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\mods

Added JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions to Users\*****\Zomboid\mod

Added "JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions" to Users\*****\Zomboid\Server\servertest.ini

Added "JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions" to both \mod\loaded.txt

JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions is the only mod running

Sawing a branch into twigs causes the twig to be removed from my inventory, and get nothing in return.

The loaded text, the game does. You don't do that one.

And the mod needs to be folder form "mods/name of mod/then the files for the mod media etc". Not .zipped.