Scope Suggestion

Neutz

So as it is i've noticed its rather hard to tell what your aiming at from a long distance and while on top of structures it seems impossible to shoot down.

Years ago i was a big fan of the Commandos games, They had a top down isometric view and when you would use the sniper rifle you would get a small scope appear on your cursor which was very simple and easy to use.

You can see it in the screenshot

miibl0.jpg

I'm sure the way bullets travel is alot different in both games but I thought something similar would work well in PZ with weapons that have a scope attached and just thought id suggest it. :)

Neut 

This is an all-around nice idea and good mechanic reference. It wouldn't need to be very detailed to be effective. I think you could even balance it by increasing the fog-of-war effect on your vision while aiming this way. Sorta like the tunnel-vision effect mentioned already in the forum.

I love it!  Just give the reticle some "natural" sway, and then:

1.) make that sway increase at lower aiming levels.

2.) make that sway increase with higher panic levels.

3.) make only head shots count.

So aiming the rifle in the street, at aiming level 0, with extreme panic, would be like a drunken sailor trying to aim at something while floating on a dingie* in a middle of storm.  Aiming the rifle from a rooftop, aiming level 5, no panic at all, would make you feel like vasily zaytsev.  Again, only head shots count.

* BTW, scream real loud, 'cause "dingie" is the word of the day!

I love it!  Just give the reticle some "natural" sway, and then:

1.) make that sway increase at lower aiming levels.

2.) make that sway increase with higher panic levels.

3.) make only head shots count.

So aiming the rifle in the street, at aiming level 0, with extreme panic, would be like a drunken sailor trying to aim at something while floating on a dingie* in a middle of storm.  Aiming the rifle from a rooftop, aiming level 5, no panic at all, would make you feel like vasily zaytsev.  Again, only head shots count.

* BTW, scream real loud, 'cause "dingie" is the word of the da

Good idea, panic would work really well with sway.

Perhaps the area not under the scope could just take on a blurred vision, since you would be aware of the area just not whats moving about in it.