Trouble with saving characters on portforward server

gustavotoscan

So, recently i started playing with 2 friends in server that i created. We played for the first time on monday and then yesterday. The problem is that yesterday my friends had to create new survivors, so they lost all the items that were equipped and all the skills they had, my survivor still . Why that happened? My Ip chaged cause i restarted my modem in the middle of the week, is that the cause? All the barricades and everything in the world still there, the only thing that happened is that my friends lost their characters. How can i fix it?

My Ip chaged cause i restarted my modem in the middle of the week, is that the cause? 

That´s the culprit. The savegame of the clients it IP-depended, so if the server-IP changes the savegame will not be loaded. You can either fix this with a static IP (ask your provider about it), a dyndns or your clients have to manually rename their savegame whenever your IP changes.

If you are having trouble finding them look in the Zomboid file in your user

Specifically C:\Users\<yourusername>\Zomboid\Multiplayer\

The folder will have the username and IP address in the title. Alter the IP address to the new IP to fix the issue.

So. It worked for my friends but now i lost my character. My folder is named as "localhost_username"

Have you stopped using the "localhost" as the IP (obviously without the quotes.) if you have, then that will of stopped using that folder.

I use the "localhost" as my ip in the game. It worked for some days. Today when i tried to play i lost my character. I've sent my actual new Ip to my friend and he logged on the server, his character was there but now he is having problems with black borders on the map.

I use the "localhost" as my ip in the game. It worked for some days. Today when i tried to play i lost my character. I've sent my actual new Ip to my friend and he logged on the server, his character was there but now he is having problems with black borders on the map.

Is it possible that the original character died while playing? It's very odd to have just stopped working.

As for your friend, sounds like there's some map streaming issues going on there, if he waits around does the map spawn in or is it just like a black border they can't get past?

Maybe it's possible. Last time i was playing i had issues with my internet and the server disconnected.

Well, we waited for something like 2 minutes because he had to sleep haha and the map didn't load, and he said that my character disappeared from his screen. We played like 2, 3 times and that's the first time he had that problem. I can try again another day to give more details