Mailing list

Kirrus

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, just signed up to give y'all a friendly heads-up, the company you guys are using to send mails has started sending around spam for some dutch Caprishop.com, trying to rope me in with some discount. Got it 2 days ago, just realized the only sort of logical source would be project zomboid (because its using the same email company, and i would never ever sign up for some spammy shop, so got a very strong hunch i indeed never did, and people are infact abusing the project zomboid mailing list!!)

Will gladly hand over the email source (privately so bots wont spider my email and send me even more spam) if requested.

The above resulted in me unsubscribing. (while i would have really liked to keep receiving the mondoids)

Hello, just signed up to give y'all a friendly heads-up, the company you guys are using to send mails has started sending around spam for some dutch Caprishop.com, trying to rope me in with some discount. Got it 2 days ago, just realized the only sort of logical source would be project zomboid (because its using the same email company, and i would never ever sign up for some spammy shop, so got a very strong hunch i indeed never did, and people are infact abusing the project zomboid mailing list!!)

Will gladly hand over the email source (privately so bots wont spider my email and send me even more spam) if requested.

The above resulted in me unsubscribing. (while i would have really liked to keep receiving the mondoids)

Him

I'll send you a PM shortly. I really need the full headers of one of the spam mails you got :)

Sure thing, just send you a pastebin link too the full source (note; unlisted & only exists for an hour) hoping my assumption is unjustified! :)

So I took a look, thanks! It's definitely *not* come from our list, although it uses the same (open source) software we do, it hasn't come from any of our servers :)

Ok, great to hear, besides that im now puzzled again where the mail came from haha.

But yea, good stuff, thanks for checking that, sorry to freak you out over nothing ;)

Edit: Just for completeness; reported it to some dutch anti-spam government thingy now.

Feel free to remove these replies again btw, spam is prolly not the best subject to chat about in this thread, might 'cost' you guys some signups, and would hate to see that happen/be the cause of that.

Edited by suicidal.banana