All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hello, So i decided to put this small simple guide of what i found out about mechanic skills. I was playing with this on few playthroughs trying to figure out how skill points are added and what is the fastes way to lvl it up. This is just my personal impression about mechanics- if there is anything incorrect in this post let me know - and how i usually approach this in game. Few things to consider: 1. Skill points are assigned to item per car not to opration itself (so you cannot just readd the same tyre over and over again to lvl it up. It works more like - this car has this tyre, when you move it to another car it will give you point once, but repeating this opration will not give you any points) 2. You needs lvl 2 mechanics to hotwire cars and lvl 4 to repair engine. higher lvls are to fix different type of cars (heavy dute and after sport). 3. You can do basic operations on heavy duty or sport car without any mechanic skills if you read magazine of how to do it. 4. Tools you need - wrench, lug wrench, jack and screwdriver Now for fast leveling: 1. Get 2 standard cars in safe location (you will need keyes for them and if you play six months later you will need live battery and gas) 2. Swap seats around (from one car to another one) 3. Swap headlights (yest they give some points as well, so if you have some other light bulbs from radios you can use them as well to get some more points) 4. Remove tyres and swap breaks and suspensions 5. Swap windows and doors around 6. Swap trud and hood around 7. Lastlsy swap windshields Those two cars (if you have book for lvl 1-2 mechanic) should lvl you up to Lv2 allowing you to hotwire cars. From now on is downhill. Just get one more car - ergo you have 4 more operations (you just have to keep track of this). What i mean by that is if you have 2 cars you can swap part from car on to car 2 and thats it. If you have 3 cars you can swap parts: from car 1 to car 2 and 3 (2operations) from car 2 to car 1 and 3 (2operations) from car 3 to car 1 and 2 (2operations) giving total of 6 operations instead of 2. one more car and you have 12 operations: car 1 - to car 2,3,4 (3 operations) car 2 - to car 1,3,4 (3 operations) car 3 - to car 1,2,4 (3 operations) car 4 - to car 1,2,3 (3 operations) This should allow you to get to lvl 4 easly having just 4 cars in place (and 2 keys, othr 2 you can hotwire) After that you can drop cars on a side and loot engine and fix most of the cars slowly lelving this up. Hope it helps
  3. Blake81

PZ Community Zed Scenes Thinktank

5-Lumbering Lumberjacks This one would be on any forest clearing close to a road, or in the proximities of McCoy. 3-4 Zed in LumberJack attires/McCoy uniforms, wandering close to some tree stumps. One is carrying an axe, and there's a truck/van nearby with a good amount of Logs in the trunk. There may also be random supplies/food or a saw in the trunk. Some random dead zeds close to the one with the axe. They went out to chop some trees, and were ambushed by zed, managed to fight back but were bitten. Decided to call for help, but help never came. 6-The Amateur "Photoshot" This one would be on some random house/shack/apartment. In a bedroom, you find 1 male zed and 1-2 female zed either unclothed or in "fetish" attires (maid, nurse, swimsuit, or a Spiffo suit- maybe they're furries ), and there's a video camera in a tripod nearby. I don't need to explain what's going on here *Wink, wink, nudge, nudge* 7-The Unfinished Fastest This one could be either on one of the repair shops, near the racetrack, or maybe even a random garage. A sports car (I think either Cossette or a Lang 4K) in a partially dismantled state with parts strewn about; tires off and nearby, seats out, no gas, that sort of thing. All of its parts, however, are Performance quality and in 100% Health state. There are also random tools strewn about, and 1-2 zed in mechanic outfits, one of them carrying the car's key. The car is complete; no parts are missing, and it'd be a very good car, but you'd still need to put it all together for it to run, and there'd be gas nowhere nearby. 8-The Winston Wolf-es This one can be in a wide number of places; any warehouse on the outskirts, the abandoned train station, one of those many dilapidated houses, a construction site, a closed-up place, an empty lot, or even the junkyard. 5-7 corpses in fancy suits neatly arranged on the floor side by side, all with plastic bags and rope on their inventory, blood splatters all over one of the walls and on nearby areas, two black SUVs and one fancy black sedan just parked outside, rear doors/trunks facing towards the building and with more tied and bagged corpses on their trunks. 3-4 zed also in fancy suits, carrying empty pistols and maybe one shotgun are inside the building, along with a hodgepodge of random zed (12-14 horde) either wandering around or trying to break into the building. The mob was tying some loose ends there, but their gunfire attracted a crowd that made them an offer they simply couldn't refuse... 9-Prison Break Either on the Rosewood Penitentiary, or in one of the bigger police stations. 3-5 dead cops/guards thrown into an empty cell, maybe 1-2 dead inmates on the corridor (if on Rosewood), and a few Zed inmates hanging around, carrying a variety of guns and/or makeshift weapons, as well as some blood splatters around to show the carnage. Now, this scene could have many variants depending on the place and the intended outcome. If on RP, you could make a whole prison-wide riot/break, with equal quantities of inmates and guards strewn around, both as corpses or Zed, all the way to the parking lot (if the inmates succeeded) or you could have many inmate corpses on the ground on one small area, very few guard ones and a large number of guard Zed prowling around the corridors (if the escape failed). If done in one of the police stations, you could have either some armed inmate zed wandering the parking lot; maybe an open car they were trying to jack, and a bunch of dead cops inside the station (if the inmates succeeded), and you could have 1-2 dead inmates on a cell, some wandering cop Zed with shotguns or bigger weapons on the station, and some nearby paperwork mentioning a failed escape, or, for a middle-ground one, you could have the station surrounded in police vehicles with zed cops wandering around them (SWAT, maybe?) and a bunch of armed inmate zeds inside, entrenched. Plenty of possibilities here.
  4. MrBlue

Another Aiming Suggestion

In light of the developers teasing a possible update to the aiming system, I wanted to put my two cents in on what could improve the aiming system. So that's why i'm reviving this dead thread. Now, I like where the developers were going with the isometric combat but I think the chance-based systems taking into account your skills hold it back. No, no, I'm not saying that it should reflect your own skill as a gamer at shooting rather than your character's aiming, the character's aim skill should be a factor most certainly. But with occurrence such as shooting a friendly while wanting to execute someone point blank (this has happened all too many times on RP servers) or friendly fire when clearly no one could be dumb enough to do it, it's clear that there's room for improvement. One of the games I've been playing recently, also isometric, is called Foxhole, and it uses actual bullet-travel and rather than determining the hit wholly by a bunch of factors punched into the system to determine the chance of hitting and where to hit, it draws a line out to your cursor and you have free reign over where you want to shoot. Here's an example. Buuuut Foxhole is not Project Zomboid. It's meant to have competitive combat (although less so than other games of this nature) however nevertheless it does not have the RPG elements Project Zomboid does, most notably the aiming skill. Now I think rather than aiming determining the chance of you hitting, I think it should determine the viable range of how far you can hit with a weapon (with overall limits on certain gun types i.e a 9mm pistol should not be able to fire 2 km away). When aiming, the line drawn out for lower aim players should not go as far, and will force them to move closer to get a better shot if they really need to go to combat. This would make for very interesting PvP situations, especially along with the newly teased cover system. Moreover if you want to shoot a floor above, or a floor below, maybe you could use the scroll wheel to adjust the level at which you're aiming at. I think this way aiming still has a heavy bearing over what you can and cannot do with a gun, but allows a reasonable degree of specificity over which target you're choosing such that situations such as the execution one I mentioned earlier don't happen. Friendly fire would still be possible of course, as with actual bullet-travel if you run into someone's hail of bullets while they're say, mowing down a horde, you better damn well be hit by them.
  5. Yesterday
  6. MrBlue

Utilizing Zombies in War

It's no secret that zombies can be quite useful when harnessed as a weapon, and this has been shown several times in series' such as The Walking Dead. I think Project Zomboid could really benefit from looking at ways to utilize the zombies as a tool of waging war against other human groups in the game - for multiplayer now and perhaps in the future against NPCs when they come out. Right now you can get away with using things such as alarms to attract hordes to others, and that's great, but some more creative ways of doing it like the ones shown would be really cool, especially for when you're further in the apocalypse. Maybe if the sanitation system becomes more in depth you could even infect someone's water source with a zombie or something like that. But otherwise, some methods like those above would be really awesome to see.
  7. I have this lua file in the right place and am looking for functions like these function Itemcool() local inv = getPlayer():getInventory(); local player = getPlayer(); it = inv:FindAndReturn("MC.myfoods"); if it then getPlayer():Say("I have the cure"); local BP; BP = player:getBodyDamage(); BP:RestoreToFullHealth(); end end Events.OnFillInventoryObjectContextMenu.Add(invContextMenu); in something like (help pls):
  8. MrBlue

Stealth System Concerns

The whole *shoots bandit in the face with an arrow while hidden* "Must've been the wind." gag is a play on the fact that the guards shouldn't be so dumb as to not realize your presence from the sounds, as any human with some basic intelligence should. We're talking about zombies here though, so this is the one instance where this sinful video game trope is actually permitted.
  9. ThyHolyNoodle

Latest API?

Wait so what exactly am I looking for? I don't understand how I can use any of this. I mean I'm sure the information is somewhere in there and it is the latest but I don't know what I am supposed to use. Right now I am trying to find what I can put after "Events." What I am currently trying to make is a cure that makes use of the largely useless skill "first aid." So far I have function Itemcool() local inv = getPlayer():getInventory(); local player = getPlayer(); it = inv:FindAndReturn("MC.myfoods"); if it then getPlayer():Say("I have the cure"); local BP; BP = player:getBodyDamage(); BP:RestoreToFullHealth(); end end Events.OnFillInventoryObjectContextMenu.Add(invContextMenu); But that last line makes it so that it restores health if you right click on anything in your inventory. So if you could help me understand my way on navigating my way around that'd be great.
  10. nasKo

This bug is ridiculous

At this point I'm getting a little frustrated because I am still not seeing the bug here. You put the melted icecream in the freezer and the game will tell you if it is frozen or not. Putting melted icecream in the freezer freezes it. The name of the item simply tells you that it previously melted and the status tells you that it is now frozen again. Eating this once melted icecream can make you sick in the game. How would a fix for this "bug" would look like to you?
  11. grammarsalad

Stealth System Concerns

I like the ability to throw a stone, but it also makes me think of this:
  12. grammarsalad

- Mailman and mommy sexy time zombies - Crashed helicopter (sometimes with zombie--or hurt but living!--pilot) - Zombie hanging from a noose. - Dead body hanging from a noose. - Zombie pool party (i.e. backyard pool or pond with zeds in bathing suits). - Zombie on an inaccessible roof (how did they get there?!?) - Zombies in cars (watch out, they bite!) - Zombie search party (flashlights and have you seen me? Pamphlets) - Wife and priest sexy time zombies (occasionally with groom zombie with axe or shotgun outside room) - Zombie tied to chair (sometimes partially eaten) - Dead person tied to chair (sometimes partially eaten) - Living person tied to chair (sometimes partially eaten). When npcs come out - Bank robber zombies (at bank with guns and ski masks). Often accompanied by police zombies. - Bank heist gone wrong (police car crash with bank robber zombies and police zombies) - Crashed paddy wagon with prisoner and police zombies
  13. dexa32

This bug is ridiculous

So everything has sense now. It's a bug.Thank you pzfreak
  14. Burleon

69 Zeds

A little easter egg to Dawn of the Dead. Make 1 cop and 3 mall cops spawn on the roof of the mall.
  15. soylentgreenfood

Rotten Milk in Cake Receipe?

Is it possible to use rotten milk to bake a cake when you reach higher cooking skill levels? I understand at higher cooking skills rotten foods can be used as ingredients, but the wiki does not mention if rotten milk can be used in cake batter. I am debating if i should use a mod to add powdered milk in the game or just wait to level up my cooking skills and use rotten milk instead if thats possible.
  16. ShadowHits

69 Zeds

Aw, too bad, I actually enjoyed this detail ! It made the zeds more realistic, and the game more (non sexually) horrific. You people really have some crooked minds to think otherwise ^^ Anyone cares to start this "huge campaign" with me ? ^^
  17. pzfreak

This bug is ridiculous

In my opinion it actually make sens. Fresh frozen icecream has bonus. When you melt it and then freeze again it will not be the same. Icecream seperate layers ( icecrwam made from cream not water) and it make just this gross frozen pulp. Plus it is harder to eat. You cannot refreeze icecream fully melted icecram in real life ( plus it is very dangerous cause cream from icecream can go off and you will not feel it when eat refrozen icecream). In game you will not get fresh icecream after freezing ( no bonus to unhappines) just eadable food.
  18. nasKo

Zed Scenes' Suggestion Thread

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25529-pz-community-zed-scenes-thinktank/
  19. dexa32

This bug is ridiculous

Alright
  20. nasKo

This bug is ridiculous

Doesn't make a difference. It never says refrozen, it's just a status of the item. In this case it is molten ice cream that is frozen. The two things are the same. The game never tracks if an item was previously frozen and is later on frozen again. Not sure if it's a language barrier, but it's definitely not a bug. It being named "Molten Icecream (Frozen)" doesn't mean that it melted inside the freezer.
  21. dexa32

I was thinking about this zed scene.Two or three police cars standing in front of a house with sirens turned on.Blood is everywhere with some dead bodies laying.If you enter the house you will see 3 or 6 dead policemans being eat by zombies. And it would be nice if it was your neigbors house,when you spawn or some random place.
  22. dexa32

Solar panels in vanilla,without hydrocraft

That is all alright,but i was thinking of new way to get renewable electricity,i didn't say every person in Kentucky would have solar panels.And windmills would be a great idea too,it's another way to get renewable electrisity.Electricity is not a real need item when the world ends,that is true but it can help you so much to survive,like keeping food fresh for longer or for streetlights.
  23. Junkid

Sunbeds and SunZeds

Sorry I meant it was new water
  24. dexa32

This bug is ridiculous

Yes,i did eat ice cream that was fully melted,then refrozen,but in game it's called melted ice cream (Frozen) not (Refrozen). There is no logic,to have in fridge something called melted but frozen,its alright if its called melted ice cream (refrozen) Did you got an idea,of what am i saying?
  25. Last week
  26. Tails

Some new ideas for the zombie scenes - Drug dealers house/ drug house with some illegal drug deal gone bad - Homeless people area with worn down and dirty clothes. - Gang members house/crib with some zombie gang members leaving some guns behind. This could range from bloods and crips to even some hispanic gangs or some biker gangs. - Pill overdose scene where a person takes his own life to avoid suffering in the zombie apocalypse.
  27. Blake81

1- Hiking Gone Wrong This one's pretty straight-forward, and can me pretty much anywhere in the wilderness. Few tents laid around, a burnt-out campfire, food of all kinds spread around on foldable tables and charcoal BBQs, maybe a radio still on a music station, 1-2 cars with camping/hunting supplies in the trunk, and maybe some empty containers littered around. A few dead people in outdoorsy clothing on the ground, and zed on similar attires wandering around. This one's pretty much a staple of the zombie genre and horror as a whole; folks went out camping, unaware of the horror taking place outside, got attacked on the night by Zed, none survived (or at least until the You-Know-Whats get added, then maybe we could add more to this....) 2-Funeral Cancelled This one can be done either on a house, or a church's backyard, or any of the many graveyards on the map. One priest and one particular zed in a funeral suit, every other character in black/dark attires, maybe 1-2 zed in dark work clothes carrying shovels. One black station wagon parked nearby. A tragic victim of "disease" came back for a last bye-bye, bites ensued. Another timeless classic of the genre. 3-The Plague Doctor This one's on one of the many remote houses/shacks on the map. Medical equipment on a table, books on medicine on a shelf, maybe a dead body on a bed, plenty of blood splattered around it, papers all over the ground and tables. Notes and scrawls about how "He's sure it will work- it has to! No matter what, he'll save them all.", one lone zed in a (well-bloodied) doctor's coat carrying an empty syringe or test tube, 2-3 zed locked on a nearby room with a barricade on all ends, along with a note on the door of either an apology or a promise of curing them. 4-The Organ Trail This one can be on any road, preferably a small one on the side of the bigger ones. There's one dead zed there, and another, and another. Their numbers increase, all dead on the road, with bloodied tire prints in between. Follow it until the end and there's a large car (Boxcar, All-Terrain, Van- could be a military vehicle too) crashed against a wall/tree/house at the end, engine still on, surrounded by a small amount of zed, and with one dead guy behind the wheel.
  28. MrBlue

69 Zeds

Some gory death animations would be cool like your entrails spilling out or having your abdomen split in two, having multiple possibilities for what death animation will occur.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?