Multiplayer Survival Score Ladder

Konrad Knox

What would I love to see? 

A scoreboard of the longest multiplayer survivors.

I choose multiplayer, I connect to someone's server.
I play, I die.

At this moment, Project Zomboid performs a check for the following:

• Build version number.
  • Presence of Mods on the server that deviate the version from Official.
  • Character name
  • Player name
  • Survival time
  • Zombies killed.

I get a message: Would you like to post your result to the Official Scoreboard?

If I choose yes:

This information gets uploaded to the PZ website and into an organized scoreboard ladder, to be the official recount of the longest survivors. (Maybe top 10 or 100).

Since it's not a screenshot, you can't photoshop it and fake it. But the official recount would introduce some bragging rights among the hardcore survivors.

What you think?
Much love?

Hatin's?

I would like to see that "online scoreboard" we could make a really fun competition around here :P

@zombies killed it depends about your play style but more info means more competition so it would be ok.

And yes i like that point of mention if the player was using mods etc.

The main ranking should be survival time, but kills could be sorted by.

Zombies killed may not necessarily be a straight counting contest over who kills the most. It also shows your style.

Survived for a year with only 10 zombies killed? My goodness, sir, you are a master of stealth!

What would I love to see? 

A scoreboard of the longest multiplayer survivors.

I didn't think, that the multiplayer part profits much from an online scoreboard. But for the singleplayer part, I'm totally for. Personally, a highscore motivates me, to play another round. Faster Than Lights, for example; I think, i didn't play it again without a score. But an offline score would be much better, because the online things  get usually really fast hacked.

A fundamental problem with this type of thing is that players can survive indefinitely and achieve pretty much anything with assistance from server admins, and everyone can run their own server.

For PZ, there is already "days you survived" at the end, but it's too simple for my taste. It's almost clear, early on, if you can beat that, or not. A more complex score formula would be better.

And the "survive indefinitely", well it's possible, in a shack outside the town or an quiet area inside it. But that's more a problem of the zombie-spawn mechanic.